Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > RAW, Post Processing and Printing
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd of June 2012 (Sat)   #1
Maverique

Default Lightroom JPEG export too dark?

I've been noticing that Lightroom exports my photos as significantly darker (I'd say 1 stop, maybe) than I'd edited them to look in Develop. It's got to the point that I have to go back and edit every picture again after exporting since they're coming out so dark. Is this normal? Do I have to start compensating? It doesn't happen in all photographs, I've noticed, but still.
Old 23rd of June 2012 (Sat)   #2
FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"

Default Re: Lightroom JPEG export too dark?

Is your monitor calibrated?
Old 23rd of June 2012 (Sat)   #3
Maverique

Yeah.
Old 23rd of June 2012 (Sat)   #4
tzalman
Fatal attraction.

How are you viewing the jpgs? If you import one into LR, how does it look there?
"If you presume to love something, you must love the process of it much more than you love the finished product." John Irving, 5/2012. "In theory there is no difference between practice and theory, but in practice there is." Yogi Berra
Site
tzalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd of June 2012 (Sat)   #5
Maverique

I tried one out that had tons of grey tones from clouds and the raw looks definitely slightly brighter.
Old 23rd of June 2012 (Sat)   #6
René Damkot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverique View Post
Is this normal?
No.

Did a quick comparison, hitting CmdE on an image in LR4. Opened in PSCS6 not quite identical, yet very close. Only difference was that LR4 clipped shadows too much.

That's not as it should be either (LR3 displays way, way closer to PSCS6) so maybe there's a bug in LR4, or it's caused by the choice Adobe made to try to do a perceptual rendering for screen in LR. (Silly choice IMO)

I'm filing a bug report.

Still, your image should not appear "about a stop darker".

Why Color Management.
Color Problems? Click here.

MySpace
Get Colormanaged
Twitter

PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
René Damkot is offline   Reply With Quote