Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Talk About Photography > People Talk
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 8th of July 2012 (Sun)   #16
b-rice

Default Re: 100 strangers project Smh

When I'm on the street I usually just walk along, and only ask people when the situation presents itself. Where I live,it's a predominantly pedestrian town, so a lot of times you can catch people at crosswalks, or when they're just waiting around. Try not to take much notice in them, and above all, try not to act interested until you get right next to them.

It's funny, because I have to use this same strategy for spearfishing. If you intentionally look at fish right before you spear them they'll swim away 9 times out of 10. I don't know if people have the same "sixth sense", but fish sure do. Try to be as nonchalant as possible, almost as if you could get anyone to let you take their picture, and you're giving them the privilege of getting their picture taken.

Tumblr: http://bnihiserphoto.tumblr.com/
b-rice is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 9th of July 2012 (Mon)   #17
AvailableLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebwly View Post
Are you kidding me? Look at digital rev on YouTube...Asians don't give a damn if you photo them....if anything it's the white ppl who tend to overreact...
Aren't those guys mostly in Hong Kong or Singapore? Different Asian cultures, I'd say.
AvailableLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th of July 2012 (Mon)   #18
AvailableLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-rice View Post
When I'm on the street I usually just walk along, and only ask people when the situation presents itself. Where I live,it's a predominantly pedestrian town, so a lot of times you can catch people at crosswalks, or when they're just waiting around. Try not to take much notice in them, and above all, try not to act interested until you get right next to them.

It's funny, because I have to use this same strategy for spearfishing. If you intentionally look at fish right before you spear them they'll swim away 9 times out of 10. I don't know if people have the same "sixth sense", but fish sure do. Try to be as nonchalant as possible, almost as if you could get anyone to let you take their picture, and you're giving them the privilege of getting their picture taken.
Good advice.
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 12th of July 2012 (Thu)   #19
jonneymendoza
Goldmember

Im doing same project in london and so far its been a good experience for me. Just today i asked 3 people and got 1 person who accepted me who is a fellow tog who gave me HIS business card!
Old 12th of July 2012 (Thu)   #20
AvailableLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonneymendoza View Post
Im doing same project in london and so far its been a good experience for me. Just today i asked 3 people and got 1 person who accepted me who is a fellow tog who gave me HIS business card!
Doesn't count, LOL!
Old 12th of July 2012 (Thu)   #21
jonneymendoza
Goldmember

HAHA