First of all, I would like to wish eveyone a very merry Christmas and a prosperous new year!
Festive to me is joyful, offering fun and cheerfulness. So I was looking for interesting backgrounds to complement the main themes.
It's challenging for me to pick the top three finalists and I am going to be short and sweet.
rpolitsr - no crib for a bed
Colourful, nicely framed and perfect lighting. I wish we have this set in our house.
RAW - Frosty...
Cheerful festive picture good enough for my next Christmas postcard.
KC Jewel - Family Christmas
A strong picture showing good message for the festive season.
Maureen Souza, d100763, cyclone, BottomBracket - Well done of isolated the subjects.
BobbyT, Bryan Bedell - Thank you for the cute picuture of the children.
marie - I love the poem.
The next challenge will be from Ecuador!
Challenge #45 - Festive Season
With Christmas fast approaching us, I thought of only one topic - The festive season.
It's easy. Show me how would you interpret the spirit of Christmas, the colour & the mood that around you.
Good luck everyone.
To submit, click "Post Reply" and put your Photo Name in the Subject Line. Don't forget your Camera Model.
Post until Monday noon GMT, 19 December 2005.
1. Camera -- Canon G-Series Camera (G1,G2,G3,G5,G6) or Pro 1 only.
2. Time -- any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size -- photo must be EXACTLY 640 pixels on the longest side, with NO BORDERS. Odd-sized photos ineligible.
4. Post-Processing -- do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting --
* ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge.
* Photo Name in the message subject line.
* Camera model.
6. Notes -- Name and camera are are you need, but you're welcome to add a story, location, photo tips, brief EXIF data.
7. Commenting -- No commenting during challenge. When the posting is closed, comments can be made in this thread.
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
- New Topic ... As soon as possible after winning.
- Posting Starts ... Right after topic is announced.
- Posting Stops ... Monday noon GMT
- Winners Announcement ... Tuesday noon GMT.
Please consider turning on Private Messaging in your profile.
This will allow the host to contact you about winning or ineligible photos. You turn this feature on by clicking "User CP, Edit Options, Enable Private Messaging" (about a third of the way down the page). Thank you.
Click this sentence for Hosting Rules and Winners List.
Click this sentence for Discussion of Rules thread.