LIST NEARBY THREADS

borism
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2008
3,375 posts
Florida, Weston
[MORE/SHARE]

Hi
I have been eyeing these Cokin P series Neutral Density and found these knock off named Goja in Amazon

http://www.amazon.com .../ref=cm_cr_pr_produ​ct_topexternal link

Any experience with these?

The Cokin only the ND4 is what all these cost, I am wondering if i should go with the Goja kit that brings everything or just the Cokin filter?

http://www.amazon.com ...eywords=cokin+nd+se​ries+pexternal link

thx

Post #1, Jul 24, 2012 08:42:47

Nikon D600 some zooms some primes a couple of flashes and a Canon G15

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
Sirrith
Cream of the Crop
Joined Nov 2010
10,448 posts
Hong Kong
[MORE/SHARE]

The one worry I'd have with these is colour casting. If they're relatively cast-free, then I see no reason not to get them save for the holder only having 2 slots and not being a WA holder.

Post #2, Jul 24, 2012 09:07:14

-Tom
Flickr
F-Stop Guru review | RRS BH-40 review

borism
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2008
3,375 posts
Florida, Weston
[MORE/SHARE]

Sirrith wrote in post #14761745external link
The one worry I'd have with these is colour casting. If they're relatively cast-free, then I see no reason not to get them save for the holder only having 2 slots and not being a WA holder.

Yes that is what I am thinking, even the Cokin P series have a little bit of purple casting, might bother an ultra picky user, but I dont think is that bad
I am wondering about these Goja version
Anyone?

Post #3, Jul 24, 2012 09:14:03

Nikon D600 some zooms some primes a couple of flashes and a Canon G15

tunin
Goldmember
Joined May 2007
1,187 posts
New York, NY - Medjugorje, BiH
[MORE/SHARE]

When it comes to filters... I've used pretty much everything I could get my hands on... from the welding glass to some medical class nd glass... COKIN as well... I was never happy with the cokins... there was always something "wrong" with it...

I use the LEE filters now, I know they are pricey but I could honestly say that this is the most important investment I made (at least when it comes to photography:))

Post #4, Aug 11, 2012 14:34:21

I am not young enough to know everything. O.W.
www.medjugorje.netexternal link
*** Amateur tools ***

baj2k
Joined Dec 2011
686 posts
SF Bay Area, NorCal
[MORE/SHARE]

I have Cokin and some of the cheaper Goja's. For color enhancements the Cokin / Goka's work fine. Where they all have issues when compared to Lee filters is in the ND filter catagory. I have found no color-cast issue that I can see on cheaper Cokin / Goja ND's in the ND2, ND4, ND8's range but once you go past that you may start to see the majenta/purple color-cast people have mentioned. Also, stacking the cheap ND's causes color-cast too even at lower levels so if you do an ND2+ND4 you may well see something that you wouldn't see with just the ND8.

If you're new to filters I'd recommend getting a cheaper Cokin knockoff holder and a the Goja ND2, ND4, & ND8 and see what you think. That way if you don't like them you won't be out much and if you do you're set for a while. A lot of people find they just don't use the filters they buy all that much so to me that's kind of a waste to have $500 or $600 tied up in Lee ND's and a few color/special effects filters. If, after experimenting and using the Cokin/Goja combo you decide filtering is something you want to take to the next level, or if you want to go to extreme ND values, then you're going to have to go "all-in" and get the Lee holder and filters.

Post #5, Aug 12, 2012 13:42:48

Nikon D810 | Carl Zeiss 21mm f/2.8 ZE | Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm f/2.8G ED, AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8G ED, AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 , 85mm f/1.4, 24mm f/1.4 | Sigma 50mm f/1.4, 35mm f/1.4 | Canon Speedlite 580EX II | Yongnuo YN-565, YN-560-II

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

LIST NEARBY THREADS
6,621 views & 0 likes for this thread
Goja ND filters - anyone comment?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES