FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Small Compact Digitals by Canon
Thread started 26 Jul 2012 (Thursday) 16:44   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

jimjoh
Mostly Lurking
Joined Apr 2012
10 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I purchased from Amazon 3 Delkin pop-up shades for my Canon s100, sx40 & sx260. They a wonderful for viewing the lcd in bright sunlight & also protect the camera lcd. They add very little bulk to the camera & also can be removed when not needed. I plan to leave them on & reduce the brightness of the lcd to save battery power. I know the sx40 has a viewer but for me to use the lcd when shooting pano is easier. Just thought I would share. jimjoh

Post #1, Jul 26, 2012 16:44:25

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
rang
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2007
1,623 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

jimjoh wrote in post #14774143external link
I purchased from Amazon 3 Delkin pop-up shades for my Canon s100, sx40 & sx260. They a wonderful for viewing the lcd in bright sunlight & also protect the camera lcd. They add very little bulk to the camera & also can be removed when not needed. I plan to leave them on & reduce the brightness of the lcd to save battery power. I know the sx40 has a viewer but for me to use the lcd when shooting pano is easier. Just thought I would share. jimjoh

I use the delkin popups on several DSLR rigs and like them. Even modified a Delkin 3inch loup to use the base from one of the popups so I have a clip on/off focusing loup for video. BUT when I tried to get one of the popups to work on my flip out LCD on the SX40HS...I found the slight curvature of the screens border would not work with the popups base which works with a a "flat" surface only. It does work with the 60D but then you can't flip and close the LCD.

How did you get it to work with the SX40HS???

Post #2, Jul 27, 2012 12:48:38

Lotsa stuff, running outta room and a wife...I keep looking at her and wondering??? :lol:

jimjoh
THREAD ­ STARTER
Mostly Lurking
Joined Apr 2012
10 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Just because I didn't know that it does not work on the sx40 I just installed it & it seems to be fine. The pop-up also protects the screen from damage also. jimjoh

Post #3, Jul 27, 2012 14:40:16 as a reply to rang's post 1 hour earlier.

hnikesch
Goldmember
Joined Nov 2008
1,030 posts
Michigan
[MORE/SHARE]

I just purchased a 2.8x LCD Viewfinder view finder Extender magnifier. The V5 (for Nikon) looks like it will work on the S100. Should arrive in early Aug. The S100 has a steel frame and the magnets in the hood should hold without the included plate. Hoping to use it on my S100 and SD990 for following action, in bright sun and video

Hans

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos.

Post #4, Jul 28, 2012 09:35:01

Hans
It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. Canon S100 w/CHDK, SD990 w/CHDK, SD900 w/CHDK, Pentax K30, & Kr, Pentax Q7 Flickr:external link

Madwrench
Joined Feb 2011
620 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

jimjoh wrote in post #14778509external link
Just because I didn't know that it does not work on the sx40 I just installed it & it seems to be fine. The pop-up also protects the screen from damage also. jimjoh

I love this. So many things are accomplished by people who didn't know it couldn't be done.

Post #5, Aug 03, 2012 07:27:46

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
rang
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2007
1,623 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

jimjoh wrote in post #14778509external link

hmmm...I'll have to get another one and try it. The first one I tried I couldn't get the base to stay on the LCD frame. It kept lifting off after a few removals of the shade part of the popup unit.

-rang

Post #6, Aug 06, 2012 15:28:24

Lotsa stuff, running outta room and a wife...I keep looking at her and wondering??? :lol:

LIST NEARBY THREADS
1,243 views & 0 likes for this thread
pop-up shade for lcd
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Small Compact Digitals by Canon

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES