Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Small Compact Digitals by Canon
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26th of July 2012 (Thu)   #1
jimjoh

Smile pop-up shade for lcd

I purchased from Amazon 3 Delkin pop-up shades for my Canon s100, sx40 & sx260. They a wonderful for viewing the lcd in bright sunlight & also protect the camera lcd. They add very little bulk to the camera & also can be removed when not needed. I plan to leave them on & reduce the brightness of the lcd to save battery power. I know the sx40 has a viewer but for me to use the lcd when shooting pano is easier. Just thought I would share. jimjoh
jimjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 27th of July 2012 (Fri)   #2
rang

Default Re: pop-up shade for lcd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjoh View Post
I purchased from Amazon 3 Delkin pop-up shades for my Canon s100, sx40 & sx260. They a wonderful for viewing the lcd in bright sunlight & also protect the camera lcd. They add very little bulk to the camera & also can be removed when not needed. I plan to leave them on & reduce the brightness of the lcd to save battery power. I know the sx40 has a viewer but for me to use the lcd when shooting pano is easier. Just thought I would share. jimjoh
I use the delkin popups on several DSLR rigs and like them. Even modified a Delkin 3inch loup to use the base from one of the popups so I have a clip on/off focusing loup for video. BUT when I tried to get one of the popups to work on my flip out LCD on the SX40HS...I found the slight curvature of the screens border would not work with the popups base which works with a a "flat" surface only. It does work with the 60D but then you can't flip and close the LCD.

How did you get it to work with the SX40HS
Old 27th of July 2012 (Fri)   #3
jimjoh

Smile Re: pop-up shade for lcd

Just because I didn't know that it does not work on the sx40 I just installed it & it seems to be fine. The pop-up also protects the screen from damage also. jimjoh
jimjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 28th of July 2012 (Sat)   #4
hnikesch

I just purchased a 2.8x LCD Viewfinder view finder Extender magnifier. The V5 (for Nikon) looks like it will work on the S100. Should arrive in early Aug. The S100 has a steel frame and the magnets in the hood should hold without the included plate. Hoping to use it on my S100 and SD990 for following action, in bright sun and video

Hans
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 41YAwolZFRL._AA300_.jpg (10.0 KB, 83 views)
Old 3rd of August 2012 (Fri)   #5
Madwrench

Quote:
Just because I didn't know that it does not work on the sx40 I just installed it & it seems to be fine. The pop-up also protects the screen from damage also. jimjoh
I love this. So many things are accomplished by people who didn't know it couldn't be done.
Madwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th of August 2012 (Mon)   #6
rang

Quote:
hmmm...I'll have to get another one and try it. The first one I tried I couldn't get the base to stay on the LCD frame. It kept lifting off after a few removals of the shade part of the popup unit.

-rang