Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 18th of December 2005 (Sun)   #1
jslice

Default Canon 10D Err 02 Message

I recently purchased a Canon 10D and took approx. 150 pics at a park during the day. Everything was fine. this weekend I was photographing a wedding and 5 shots into the wedding I got the Err 02 message. I took the card out and reformatted it in the a Canon Rebel and it worked fine. I am not sure if I tried to review a photo before it was completely written to the CF card. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

Last edited by jslice : 19th of December 2005 (Mon) at 14:15.
jslice is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 18th of December 2005 (Sun)   #2
Citizensmith
Cream of the Crop

Default Re: Canon 10D Err 02 Message

I haven't ran into that problem, but the review thing won't be it. A crappy card, or loss of power/connection to the card while writing maybe?
Old 19th of December 2005 (Mon)   #3
Neilyb
Goldmember

I had this with my 350D, wouldn't read the card, wouldn't format it. Tried it in the PC, card was crackered! Had to take it back to the shop. Presumably you've tried another card and that is fine?
Neilyb is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 19th of December 2005 (Mon)   #4
jslice

Thanks for your replies. I spoke with a canon technician this morning and was told that the problem is likely due to having the auto playback turned on and trying to reivew the pics before they are actually written to the card ( still in the buffer). They advised to turn off the auto review and try that. The card works fine in our Canon Digital Rebel. Hopefully that will work.
Old 19th of December 2005 (Mon)   #5
Citizensmith
Cream of the Crop

So the canon tech said the problem is due to features normally offered by the camera itself and yet it has never come up as a problem with anyone else ever before. Seems odd. Seems more like tech trying to come up with an easy to swallow solution to keep the call short. At least it is something that should be repeatable. Deliberately try and make it go wrong. If it really is what they decribed then it should be easy to confirm.
Old 19th of December 2005 (Mon)   #6
Zepher

i've gotten that error twice with my D60. the CF card was empty before I started to shoot when I got that error after a couple of frames.
I am using Lexar Media cards, which someone mentioned to me that they aren't that good with Canon cameras, but I have 2 left over from my Kodak DC-260 and those are what I am going to use till I need to get more.

Canon 40D, EF 28-70L, 2x Canon XH-A1 HDV, Canon HV30 HDV
❶______________________________________
Zepher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th of December 2005 (Mon)   #7
Citizensmith
Cream of the Crop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepher
I am using Lexar Media cards, which someone mentioned to me that they aren't that good with Canon cameras
Never heard that before. I've used numerous Lexar cards with numerous canon powershot cameras and never had a problem.
Old 21st of December 2005 (Wed)   #8
Swanphoto

I have a 20D and MKII 1D and seem to be having alot of problems with lexar 80X cards, I have the latest firmware and format my cards before every job and still have problems. I have another one thats has to go to lexar for recovery from my job just this last weekend and just got one back from them, I am switching to Scandisk because I heard the same that Canon perfers scandisk and not lexar.
Swanphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st of December 2005 (Wed)   #9
bcascio

New to the site but wanted to add my 2 cents... I have a Canon 350D and 10D and use only Sandisk cards, with over 34,000 I have never come across this problem.
bcascio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd of December 2005 (Fri)   #10
jslice

I purchased the 10D used from a local camera store. I had planned on using it for upcoming weddings that I am shooting the end of December and 2 the first week of January. They offered to send the camera in for repair (seems that there is a problem with the motherboard, most likely due to the prior owner shorting it out with attached external flash) this would take at least 2 weeks, or refund me the amount I purchased it for. I chose the 3rd option which was a Rebel 350D at their cost, less the amount I already paid for the 10D. I am surprised at how truely small the new Rebel XT is. Just got it this morning. Thanks again for the responses.