Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Accessories & Storage
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 6th of August 2012 (Mon)   #1
Laramie
Still livin' the cowboylife

Default Luma Labs Cinch - Need a measurement if anybody can help?

I sent an email to the company, but if anybody here already has one, I might get a quicker response.

I'm trying to figure out the size difference between the "regular" and the "big".

So for anybody who has either one, can you measure the total length of the strap "end to end" at the full extended position? Trying to compare it to my Optech Super Classic and how low the camera will hang when slung across my chest.

Much appreciated.

Last edited by Laramie : 6th of August 2012 (Mon) at 18:54.
Laramie is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 6th of August 2012 (Mon)   #2
DarthVader
Cream of the Crop

Default Re: Luma Labs Cinch - Need a measurement if anybody can help?

How tall are you ?. Weight ? Chubby ? Thin ? .

Gear is important but skills are very important .

DarthVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th of August 2012 (Mon)   #3
DarthVader
Cream of the Crop

There is some info here http://luma-labs.com/products/cinch. Scroll down almost at the end of the page.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Easy Sizing and Fit
We know that photographers come in all shapes and sizes and we want everyone to be able to use a Cinch. So we make Cinch in three sizes. Most people will be comfortable with a Regular cinch. If you're on the small or big side, then you should get the small or big Cinch.

Put another way, if you wear an adult M, L, or XL shirt (either male or female), our regular Cinch will do the job just fine. If you’re smaller than that, you should probably get a Small Cinch. If you wear XL or larger shirts, then get a Big Cinch. But don’t stress out too much about your choice. We've given the sizes a considerable amount of overlap so picking the right size is easy to do.

Once you have it in hand, fitting Cinch is easy. Just put your Cinch over your shoulder, loosen the pull tab adjuster and the use the rear metal adjuster until your camera is positioned just right. If needed, you can also tighten or loosen the 10mm webbing that connects to your camera to adjust things to perfection. Once set up, the front pull tab adjuster gives you just the right amount of on-the-fly adjustments to keep up with any day of photography.

Gear is important but skills are very important .

DarthVader is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 6th of August 2012 (Mon)   #4
Laramie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVader View Post
How tall are you ?. Weight ? Chubby ? Thin ? .
6'3" 230. Not fat, but do that a thick chest/torso area.

I recently ordered the Optech Super Classic (bino) because it was much longer than the Canon or Optech POTN straps. I like to keep the strap long and slung across my chest about 95% of the time, but where the Luma Labs can "cinch" up shorter, it seemed like an ideal fit. I just wanted to make sure at the long end, it was roughly the same lenght as the Optech Super Classic (bino model).
Old 6th of August 2012 (Mon)   #5
diableri

I got mine this morning.

The Big is 55" completely stretched out and unhooked to the camera so I'd allow a couple inches for that. I'm just a bit under 6' and have a pretty big chest (like a size 60 chest and 19" biceps, yeah yeah, I look a bit like a dwarf from the hobbit). If I order another one, I'm going to ask for just a bit more er... length. A friend's 5d3 with a moderate sized lens (I didn't look but it wasn't small) sits just a bit too high for me but it wasn't a deal breaker. It does have some nice flex and stretch to it without feeling weak or flimsy at all.

If I wasn't built freakishly, it would be fine (and the build quality is pretty outstanding). It looks like a great product.
diableri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th of August 2012 (Mon)   #6
Laramie

Appreciate the measurement DIABLERI. That is what I needed.
Old 6th of August 2012 (Mon)   #7
diableri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
Appreciate the measurement DIABLERI. That is what I needed.
No trouble at all, it's a great looking and feeling product. Great stitching and materials. Looks tough and feels comfortable. Can't wait to put it to use. Hope you find a solution that works for ya.
Old 6th of August 2012 (Mon)   #8
tancanon58

I think you will need a large size but you have to make sure the camera should be at your waist area and when it is pulled up it should be between your lower right chest to your right flank area.
tancanon58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th of August 2012 (Mon)   #9
Laramie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tancanon58 View Post
I think you will need a large size but you have to make sure the camera should be at your waist area and when it is pulled up it should be between your lower right chest to your right flank area.
I think you're right. The Super Classic goes from 22"-67". Obviously some of that is taken up when put through the slip-lock but I think the "big" will be what I'm looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diableri View Post
No trouble at all, it's a great looking and feeling product. Great stitching and materials. Looks tough and feels comfortable. Can't wait to put it to use. Hope you find a solution that works for ya.

Just to be clear, you have the "big" model and not the "regular" correct?
Old 6th of August 2012 (Mon)   #10
diableri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
I think you're right. The Super Classic goes from 22"-67". Obviously some of that is taken up when put through the slip-lock but I think the "big" will be what I'm looking for.

Just to be clear, you have the "big" model and not the "regular" correct?
Correct, it's the largest size they make "off the shelf" or "Big". I actually got a response back from Luma (which I would bet you will as well in a few more days) before I ordered because I have a lot of trouble getting suit jackets and tux jackets etc due to my weird upper body size. This works and I would bet that my width more than makes up for your height. In fact, I'd guess you're the build they make this size for.

Last edited by diableri : 6th of August 2012 (Mon) at 22:05.