Luma Labs Cinch - Need a measurement if anybody can help?

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories
Thread started 06 Aug 2012 (Monday) 18:25   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

Laramie
Still livin' the cowboylife
Joined Nov 2006
3,220 posts
Inland Empire, California
[MORE/SHARE]

I sent an email to the company, but if anybody here already has one, I might get a quicker response.

I'm trying to figure out the size difference between the "regular" and the "big".

So for anybody who has either one, can you measure the total length of the strap "end to end" at the full extended position? Trying to compare it to my Optech Super Classic and how low the camera will hang when slung across my chest.

Much appreciated.

Post #1, Aug 06, 2012 18:25:56

5DIII | 40D | 17-40 f4L | Tamron 28-75 2.8 | 50 1.4 | 70-200 2.8L | Oly Zuiko 50 macro | Tamron 1.4x

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
DarthVader
Cream of the Crop
Joined Apr 2008
6,378 posts
Death Star
[MORE/SHARE]

How tall are you ?. Weight ? Chubby ? Thin ? :).

Post #2, Aug 06, 2012 18:31:46

Nikon/Olympus.
Gear is important but skills are very important :)

DarthVader
Cream of the Crop
Joined Apr 2008
6,378 posts
Death Star
[MORE/SHARE]

There is some info here http://luma-labs.com/products/cinc​hexternal link. Scroll down almost at the end of the page.

---------------
Easy Sizing and Fit
We know that photographers come in all shapes and sizes and we want everyone to be able to use a Cinch. So we make Cinch in three sizes. Most people will be comfortable with a Regular cinch. If you're on the small or big side, then you should get the small or big Cinch.

Put another way, if you wear an adult M, L, or XL shirt (either male or female), our regular Cinch will do the job just fine. If you’re smaller than that, you should probably get a Small Cinch. If you wear XL or larger shirts, then get a Big Cinch. But don’t stress out too much about your choice. We've given the sizes a considerable amount of overlap so picking the right size is easy to do.

Once you have it in hand, fitting Cinch is easy. Just put your Cinch over your shoulder, loosen the pull tab adjuster and the use the rear metal adjuster until your camera is positioned just right. If needed, you can also tighten or loosen the 10mm webbing that connects to your camera to adjust things to perfection. Once set up, the front pull tab adjuster gives you just the right amount of on-the-fly adjustments to keep up with any day of photography.

Post #3, Aug 06, 2012 18:37:53

Nikon/Olympus.
Gear is important but skills are very important :)

Laramie
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Nov 2006
3,220 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

DarthVader wrote in post #14823007external link
How tall are you ?. Weight ? Chubby ? Thin ? :).

6'3" 230. Not fat, but do that a thick chest/torso area.

I recently ordered the Optech Super Classic (bino) because it was much longer than the Canon or Optech POTN straps. I like to keep the strap long and slung across my chest about 95% of the time, but where the Luma Labs can "cinch" up shorter, it seemed like an ideal fit. I just wanted to make sure at the long end, it was roughly the same lenght as the Optech Super Classic (bino model).

Post #4, Aug 06, 2012 18:52:34

5DIII | 40D | 17-40 f4L | Tamron 28-75 2.8 | 50 1.4 | 70-200 2.8L | Oly Zuiko 50 macro | Tamron 1.4x

diableri
Joined Jul 2012
139 posts
Central CA
[MORE/SHARE]

I got mine this morning.

The Big is 55" completely stretched out and unhooked to the camera so I'd allow a couple inches for that. I'm just a bit under 6' and have a pretty big chest (like a size 60 chest and 19" biceps, yeah yeah, I look a bit like a dwarf from the hobbit). If I order another one, I'm going to ask for just a bit more er... length. A friend's 5d3 with a moderate sized lens (I didn't look but it wasn't small) sits just a bit too high for me but it wasn't a deal breaker. It does have some nice flex and stretch to it without feeling weak or flimsy at all.

If I wasn't built freakishly, it would be fine (and the build quality is pretty outstanding). It looks like a great product.

Post #5, Aug 06, 2012 20:16:14

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
Laramie
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Nov 2006
3,220 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Appreciate the measurement DIABLERI. That is what I needed.

Post #6, Aug 06, 2012 20:24:25

diableri
Joined Jul 2012
139 posts
Central CA
[MORE/SHARE]

Laramie wrote in post #14823424external link
Appreciate the measurement DIABLERI. That is what I needed.

No trouble at all, it's a great looking and feeling product. Great stitching and materials. Looks tough and feels comfortable. Can't wait to put it to use. Hope you find a solution that works for ya.

Post #7, Aug 06, 2012 20:26:30

tancanon58
Joined Oct 2009
959 posts
southern california
[MORE/SHARE]

I think you will need a large size but you have to make sure the camera should be at your waist area and when it is pulled up it should be between your lower right chest to your right flank area.

Post #8, Aug 06, 2012 20:31:05

Bodies: 5D MkIII/ Oly ED-M5/ G10
Lenses: Tamron SP 24-70 2.8 Di VC /and some Panny and Oly lenses.
Flash: Canon600EX RT.

Laramie
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Nov 2006
3,220 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

tancanon58 wrote in post #14823450external link
I think you will need a large size but you have to make sure the camera should be at your waist area and when it is pulled up it should be between your lower right chest to your right flank area.

I think you're right. The Super Classic goes from 22"-67". Obviously some of that is taken up when put through the slip-lock but I think the "big" will be what I'm looking for.

diableri wrote in post #14823434external link
No trouble at all, it's a great looking and feeling product. Great stitching and materials. Looks tough and feels comfortable. Can't wait to put it to use. Hope you find a solution that works for ya.

Just to be clear, you have the "big" model and not the "regular" correct?

Post #9, Aug 06, 2012 21:50:01

diableri
Joined Jul 2012
139 posts
Central CA
[MORE/SHARE]

Laramie wrote in post #14823777external link
I think you're right. The Super Classic goes from 22"-67". Obviously some of that is taken up when put through the slip-lock but I think the "big" will be what I'm looking for.

Just to be clear, you have the "big" model and not the "regular" correct?

Correct, it's the largest size they make "off the shelf" or "Big". I actually got a response back from Luma (which I would bet you will as well in a few more days) before I ordered because I have a lot of trouble getting suit jackets and tux jackets etc due to my weird upper body size. This works and I would bet that my width more than makes up for your height. In fact, I'd guess you're the build they make this size for.

Post #10, Aug 06, 2012 22:02:47

LIST NEARBY THREADS
1,010 views & 0 likes for this thread
Luma Labs Cinch - Need a measurement if anybody can help?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES