Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk
Thread started 09 Aug 2012 (Thursday) 16:11
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Another stolen camera?

Tony_Stark
Shellhead
4,287 posts
Joined May 2010
Toronto, Canada
Aug 09, 2012 16:11 |  #1

I was on local Kijiji today randomly looking to see if there are any 24-70L for sale since the new version will be coming out soon. I cam across this classified, which has a 40D, Battery Grip, AND 24-70L all for $500 ?!

http://toronto.kijiji.​ca ...ll-set-W0QQAdIdZ403267168external link

Seems like a stolen camera to me!

EDIT: Well that was fast. The ad has been taken down seconds after I posted.

Nikon D810 | 24-70/2.8G | 58/1.4G
EOS M | 22 f/2 STM

Website (external link) | flickr (external link)

ENto. ­ Abyss
96 posts
Joined Sep 2011
socali
Aug 09, 2012 16:17 |  #2

oh wow... thats such a great deal.. cant even find those on criagslist or at a local retail store... or either its merely almost broken or something gotta be wrong.. i highly like to think of things being stolen but its always on my last of my list...

Canon 5D Mark II & Canon 5d Mark III
[COLOR="Black"]Lens : EF 35mm f/1.4L USM - EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM - EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS II
FD 50mm f/1.4 S.S.C

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,628 posts
Joined Dec 2010
Aug 09, 2012 18:14 |  #3

if it's not stolen, that's a good deal. probably taken down because it's sold

imjason
Goldmember
1,667 posts
Joined Nov 2010
Bay Area, CA
Aug 09, 2012 20:16 |  #4

maybe stolen, or maybe someone with no concept of what things are worth. ive bought a few items before off of ebay that it were way undervalue. i also talked them into discounts too. this is fairly common if the buyer knows nothing about photography equipment or they mislabeled their items. or BOTH. so its possible that the buyer is thinking that the item is old so they sell for less, not realizing lenses hold value.

Canon gear: EOS M, Canonet QL17, SX230HS, S95, SD1200IS
Non-Canon gear: D600, D5000, D70, XG-2, U20
Flickrexternal link

701 views & 0 likes for this thread
Another stolen camera?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.