New user here but old poster on DPR. Just thought I'd pop by to update you on my recent experience and breaking news from Canon regarding problems with freezing with my 7D post upgrade to firmware v2.0.0.
After 2 weeks of freezing problems I volunteered my sickly 7D body to Canon here in Auckland, NZ on Monday. As it turns out another kiwi user also sent them his continuously freezing 7D so for the last 2 days Canon NZ have had 2 bodies to experiment with.
They just called me to tell me they have indeed identified a freezing problem with the new v2.0.0 firmware and are waiting for another update/fix from Canon ASAP. But they don't have a date as yet.
Until now this freezing problem has been rumour and speculation (and I guess it still will be for many of you until Canon officially confirm it - not sure when that will be). And I appreciate that hearing it from a newbie poster here with no prior credentials will make many of your understandably sceptical....
But for those of you able to give me the benefit of the doubt, and if you are in the unfortunate position of having upgraded and experienced freezing problems, rest assured that you are NOT going nuts and that Canon now acknowledge the problem. Or at least locally here in NZ Canon have verbally confirmed it to me about an hour ago.
Meanwhile, suggest you disable APO and sit tight for the new firmware fix.
And if you haven't already updated to v2.0.0, my suggestion is not to do it yet but wait.