I want your advise as an expert to choose the good flash,,

I'm a beginner in photographing and I would like to buy a speedlite flash

I have Canon Eos 600D

But I'm confused about these two

YN-560 Vs Neewer tt560 ?

which is the best?

Post #1, Sep 10, 2012 05:51:24

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
Sniper210
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
Joined Sep 2012
3 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

up :)

Post #2, Sep 10, 2012 08:32:09

dedsen
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2006
2,575 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Never heard of the Neewer before. It looks like a re-branded Yongnuo 560 anyway.
You do realize that these are both manual flashes. There is no eTTL mode on them. You do not say what you want to use them for so this might be okay for your purpose.
I have the YN-560 and use it mostly for off camera and it works great. I have had no problems and the power matches my Canon 580ex very well. I have also used it on camera in consistent lighting conditions. Trying to use a manual flash where the light conditions or your subject to camera distances change frequently is a pain. This is where having eTTL on the flash pays.

You might want to have a little patience too. It is not like we are all sitting by our computers just to answer your questions. :)

Post #3, Sep 10, 2012 10:30:51

Sniper210
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
Joined Sep 2012
3 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

^^
Thank you sir :)

Post #4, Sep 10, 2012 10:39:21

mdaddyrabbit
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2005
1,624 posts
North Carolina
[MORE/SHARE]

What would I need to use for the YN-560 with my canon 60D off camera? I have a Canon 420ez Flash now.

Post #5, Sep 10, 2012 10:43:52

Websiteexternal link

CANON

sponsored links
dedsen
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2006
2,575 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

The YN 560 has an optical slave that has two modes. You can trigger it with the popup on your camera but it will also trigger with any other camera flash too. So if you are working in a room full of photographers this can be a problem. If you are working outside this can be a problem.
Wireless triggers are the best solution and "fire only" triggers are inexpensive these days.
You can use a sync cord.
Just like in your other detail lacking question, details help get the best answer. :)
This is quite a jump from a $1700 Quantum setup to a YN 560. If is hard to give you specifics for a range like this.

Post #6, Sep 10, 2012 11:21:39

mdaddyrabbit
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2005
1,624 posts
North Carolina
[MORE/SHARE]

dedsen wrote in post #14971945external link
The YN 560 has an optical slave that has two modes. You can trigger it with the popup on your camera but it will also trigger with any other camera flash too. So if you are working in a room full of photographers this can be a problem. If you are working outside this can be a problem.
Wireless triggers are the best solution and "fire only" triggers are inexpensive these days.
You can use a sync cord.
Just like in your other detail lacking question, details help get the best answer. :)
This is quite a jump from a $1700 Quantum setup to a YN 560. If is hard to give you specifics for a range like this.

Thanks for your information but are you always rude to everyone before answering their questions. The other question I ask could be simply answered without any other information. If you take the David Ziser equipment I posted the link for and you are lighting savvy enough or have the experience one could compare it to other alternatives. The issue I have is I know absolutely nothing about lighting. I don't like rudeness and condescending attitudes.

Post #7, Sep 10, 2012 11:41:40

Websiteexternal link

CANON

dedsen
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2006
2,575 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Sorry you took it as rude. I was not trying to come off that way. I will place you on my ignore list so it will not happen again. Good luck with you lighting.

Post #8, Sep 10, 2012 11:45:37

mdaddyrabbit
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2005
1,624 posts
North Carolina
[MORE/SHARE]

I don't want to be on your ignore list. I just thought you meant that in a bad nature. I appreciate your help.

Post #9, Sep 10, 2012 11:53:41

Websiteexternal link

CANON

BrickR
Cream of the Crop
Joined Mar 2011
5,394 posts
Dallas TX
[MORE/SHARE]

Just get the YN 560. Its proven. Its all manual so understanding M, S1, S2, and using it with a wireless transmitter are essential (albeit, easy).
Get a set of RF 603's and start practicing.

dedsen was not only very specific and informative, but quit polite. Probably best to assume someone is not being rude first, rather than assume they are. Forums are just words, so it can be tricky getting someone's intent. :)

Post #10, Sep 10, 2012 14:14:39

My junk
The grass isn't greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

mdaddyrabbit
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2005
1,624 posts
North Carolina
[MORE/SHARE]

BrickR wrote in post #14972732external link
Just get the YN 560. Its proven. Its all manual so understanding M, S1, S2, and using it with a wireless transmitter are essential (albeit, easy).
Get a set of RF 603's and start practicing.

dedsen was not only very specific and informative, but quit polite. Probably best to assume someone is not being rude first, rather than assume they are. Forums are just words, so it can be tricky getting someone's intent. :)

I took it the wrong way and yes you are right forums are just words. I thought it was meant in a mean spirited way and I have had a lot of that lately so I was to quick to judge. Any way thanks for your advice and information.

Post #11, Sep 10, 2012 14:33:53

Websiteexternal link

CANON

sponsored links
CliveyBoy
Goldmember
Joined Nov 2005
2,950 posts
Tauranga, NZ
[MORE/SHARE]

mdaddyrabbit wrote in post #14972823external link
I took it the wrong way and yes you are right forums are just words. I thought it was meant in a mean spirited way and I have had a lot of that lately so I was to quick to judge.

I misunderstood a post from Dale (dedsen) a day or two back, too.

He provides competent answers, particularly when we spout nonsense. It was a desire to separate fact from rubbish that made me examine several new trigger devices.

It's in the manual! Perhaps, but often the terms are not understood. We need help especially with Chinglish manuals. We can recognise the words in Canon manuals as English words, but their meaning escapes us. It is good to have someone who can make their meanings clear.

Thanks, Dale.

Post #12, Sep 10, 2012 20:13:19

Clive, and Great G/D Abbie
50D; 580EXII, 430EXII, 550EX, YN568EX; YN-622C controllers
TOYUG v4.09 YN622 Guide https://docs.google.co​m ...7OmmGIg0gMVFpqNkpBY​XBHajAexternal link

buffumjr
Joined May 2013
168 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Wait until you are a Daddy, putting together a Chinese bicycle from Wal-Mart at Christmas, where the instructions were translated from Chinese to English by a Greek, or some other non-English speaker. Mucho sympathy, there. "Part A part B bolt putting pedal." and part B is not on the instructions. (big grin)

Post #13, May 26, 2013 17:50:35

Politics is a game of lies. He who tells the best lies the best, wins.

buffumjr
Joined May 2013
168 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

After listening to Youtubers and the advice on this forum, I am starting with a single Neewer TT-560. If I get frustrated, and decide not to pursue photography, I'm out only $42. The Youngnuo was $80. The Neewer doesn't have zoom, like the Yongnuo, but, if I need zoom, I can maybe make a softbox out of a piece of cloth, and a panel from a 1 gallon water jug. For a mount, I'm going to go, for now, with a stepladder and some clamps. A couple of sheets, and a couple of styro insulation panels, and I can play with light for awhile. Should tell me if I have what it takes.

"Digital Photography Lighting for Dummies" from the liberry. Read, do, read, do.

If everything goes well, I'll get more equipment. If it doesn't, the sx160is is still an excellent camera.

Post #14, May 28, 2013 18:36:25

Politics is a game of lies. He who tells the best lies the best, wins.

gremlin75
Goldmember
Joined Feb 2011
2,059 posts
Detroit, MI
[MORE/SHARE]

buffumjr wrote in post #15977148external link
The Neewer doesn't have zoom, like the Yongnuo, but, if I need zoom, I can maybe make a softbox out of a piece of cloth, and a panel from a 1 gallon water jug.

A softbox does not "zoom" the flash head.....it softens the light but also decreases its range.

The zoom head on a flash focus the light increasing the range they can reach. Off camera a zoom head is rarely need (but is a nice feature to have for those rare occasions its needed) but on camera it is almost a must.

Post #15, May 28, 2013 20:20:21

LIST NEARBY THREADS
10,268 views & 0 likes for this thread
YN-560 Vs Neewer tt560, which better?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES