FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories
Thread started 11 Nov 2001 (Sunday) 19:03   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

jefffffff
Hatchling
Joined Nov 2001
3 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Just wondering what the typical wait is for getting the 1Gb microdrive and battery rebate from cannon. I know I'm just getting impatient, it's been 4 weeks and the form said 6-8, but that 16Mb CF card just isn't cutting it...

BTW, is there something that i can get to difuse the light from the built in flash? the lens i have casts a pretty mean shadow...

thanks,

Jefffffff

Post #1, Nov 11, 2001 19:03:36

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
nitwit3
Joined Oct 2001
65 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

If you haven't heard from them you will get it...for me, I sent everything in and they sent it all back minus my warranty card...they said I was from a foriegn country and didn't qualify for the rebate. I'm on the outskirts of Atlanta, Georgia...come to think about it...maybe it is a foriegn country.

I finally found a Canon rep and he "said" he's going to cover me on the deal.

That 16MB card is worthless...shame on Canon for even bothering to put that nothing thing in the box. There are a few who use it for Custom White Balance (image in the card) and that's it.

Canon is kinda like HP...very difficult to find a human to talk to that can actually help...I found a rep through the camera store where I bought the D30.

Hope you get it...applying for a green card tomorrow.
The Nitwit

Post #2, Nov 13, 2001 17:34:39

Ted ­ Peer
Hatchling
Joined Nov 2001
2 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Hi,

I sent mine in on 10/10 and just got it (11/13).

Ted

Post #3, Nov 13, 2001 19:50:33

mflaherty
Joined Sep 2001
20 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Just received mine yesterday - after 3-1/2 weeks total wait. Everything in great condition. I think I'm going to love that microdrive! Just wondering how I'll get warranty service on the Microdrive without a receipt since there isn't one in the box. They didn't return the warranty card and, after reading the fine print, it appears they may not return it until February, 2002. So, looks like I'll have to send in a photocopy of my card to Canon in order to get the extended year warranty - along with a letter of explanation on why I'm submitting after the 30 day time limitation. Boy! They seem to do whatever they can to make getting what is due you difficult to get. Such is life.

Post #4, Nov 14, 2001 07:07:30

TulsaRod
Joined May 2001
44 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I too had to include the orig warranty card with all the junk and send it to Canon to get the micro drive.

Then I gathered up all the junk they wanted for the extended warranty and put a note in with it sayin I had to send the orig to Canon to get the micro drive rebate, and then sent all this junk to Canon because Canon says you only have 30 days to get it in.

Canon sent back all the extended waranty junk I sent Canon with a note sayin Canon needed the orig Canon waranty card. Canon also said a photo copy of the orig Canon waranty card would now be ok.

But the Canon extended warranty application said nothing about a photo copy of the Canon warranty card, only the orig will do. Nothing else. NO NO. Nada. Gots to be the orig and gots to be there in 30 days.

The Canon micro drive rebate says it will send back the orig Canon warranty card in Feb 2002. Not sure but I think this will be more than 30 days from when I mailed Canon all this junk.

I wonder if I will get the micro drive? I wonder if I will get the extended warranty I already paid for? I wonder if I fed the dog today?

Please tune in next time for another exciting adventure of "Canon verses the Customer" or "Ok, now where's my kiss?"

Post #5, Nov 14, 2001 18:22:05

sponsored links
sasc
Joined Jun 2001
69 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Often all you need is a copy of your sales reciept to send camera in for repair.

Post #6, Nov 14, 2001 19:48:09

Ted ­ Peer
Hatchling
Joined Nov 2001
2 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I got my card back on the 11/16.

Ted

Post #7, Nov 16, 2001 12:47:12

beach512
Joined Jul 2001
108 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I sent mine in on 10/29/01 and justed received the MD and battery today on 11/16/01.
Very fast turnaround !!!

Dave

Post #8, Nov 16, 2001 14:22:38

TulsaRod
Joined May 2001
44 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

What kind of card reader ya gonna get to use with the micro drive and where's the best place with the best price?

Post #9, Nov 16, 2001 16:00:40

mflaherty
Joined Sep 2001
20 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I use a Sandisk USB Imagemate Card reader. Been using it for a couple years with any number of CF cards, including Microdrives. No problems. Where to buy it? Almost anyplace and, at ~$30 U.S., the cost is almost insignificant, relatively speaking.

Post #10, Nov 16, 2001 17:44:38

mflaherty
Joined Sep 2001
20 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Incredible. Early this afternoon I sent in my extended D30 warranty information and had to include a COPY of the original warranty card and a letter of explanation (see my thread above). Later this afternoon, my original warranty card was returned by Canon. Life would've been alot simpler if I'd just waited a few hours.

Post #11, Nov 16, 2001 17:47:15

sponsored links
Glen ­ R
Hatchling
Joined Oct 2001
5 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Send mine in 3 weeks ago and got the drive and battery today. They say the original warranty will be returned by February 2002.

I got the SanDisk card reader at B&H Photo in NY for about $29.00. Works great with the 1G drive.

Post #12, Nov 19, 2001 18:26:10

nitwit3
Joined Oct 2001
65 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

gheeezzz...my whole deal got screwed up...maybe they just hate people from Georgia...reading all this is really getting me PO'd at Canon for messing my paper work up. I did everything correctly and they said I was from a foriegn country and did not qualify for the deal...they sent everything back except the warranty card.

Is this one o' those "white" things?

The Nitwit

Post #13, Nov 19, 2001 19:00:44

sasc
Joined Jun 2001
69 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

All I can suggest to you is that you tell them you are contacting the Better Business Bureau and if that doesnt help you then do contact them. I have found this threat often gets some service from those ignoring you.

Sorta scares me as to where they will think Arkansas is when I send my warrenty in!

Post #14, Nov 21, 2001 14:41:10

TulsaRod
Joined May 2001
44 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Newsflash......stop
Microdrive Rebate Update.....stop
Missed the ups man today......stop
He left a note sayin have to sign for it.....stop
Note said its from canon.....stop
He'll try to deliver agian.....stop
Almost got it....oh stop it