Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Accessories & Storage
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th of June 2003 (Tue)   #1
seriousrec

Default Compact flash card speed

Has anyone had any experience testing compact flash cards that read and write at different speeds with the Canon 10D? Someone sent me a link to purchase a Ridata 1GB flash card with 28x read/16x write. ($265) I've seen less expensive 1GB cards that have slower read/write speeds, but supposedly, the faster speeds make the difference in price worthwhile. But I've also read articles that say the camera software has to be able to take advantage of those higher speeds or you are just wasting your money.
seriousrec is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 17th of June 2003 (Tue)   #2
HoodedOne

Default Re: Compact flash card speed

Do you think you need the extra speed ?

if so, then go for the best CF card possible. If not, then buy the CF card you think has the biggest value for your money. and start shooting those pictures
HoodedOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th of June 2003 (Tue)   #3
CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)

Check this thread,.

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...ad.php?t=11545

and read the review on DPreveiw of the 10D. The jury seems to find that the increased card speed has a barely noticeable effect on the camera performance...
CyberDyneSystems is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 17th of June 2003 (Tue)   #4
rji2goleez

I purchased a sandisk 1GB card from amazon for $179. It is a plain CF card not an ultra or someX high speed card. From all I've read, I think it's a crap shoot whether or not these ultra cards will actually deliver higher read/write speeds or not.
rji2goleez is offline   Reply With Quote