Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Nikon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Nikon Cameras
Thread started 05 Feb 2010 (Friday) 20:14
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Got a Nikon? Share your thoughts and photos here or ask a question! (III)

K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,248 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2008
Richmond VA USA
Nov 20, 2012 13:47 |  #16

ATTENTION TO THOSE OF YOU WITH D800 BODIES RE THE TRANSCEND SD CARDS

After further testing today I've determined these cards are NOT compatible with the D800. These cards cause hangups while the camera is flushing the buffer onto the card. They work fine in the D7000 so I'll hang onto mine but DO NOT use them in a D800.

Flickrexternal link

sponsored links
whmeltonjr
Goldmember
1,363 posts
Joined Apr 2012
Houston
Nov 20, 2012 13:53 |  #17

You're on a mad lens buying frenzy! Buy all the wide angles :lol:

William | Fuji X-E1 | Fuji X100S | Flickrexternal link

Southswede
950 posts
Joined Nov 2004
Nov 20, 2012 13:58 |  #18

Wow, a third thread.

vipergts831
I had the skinny Sony Fanboy over . . .
43,895 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Joined Apr 2009
Taking better shots with an iPhone than MDJAK with a 1DX
Nov 20, 2012 14:02 |  #19

Southswede wrote in post #15268777external link
Wow, a third thread.

20K posts. Hope we can get a Nikon Subforum :)

-Omar- Flickrexternal link , 5pxexternal link
Phaseone 645DF+...because only the best will make up for my lack of skills.
Beginners worry about gear, professionals worry about skill and masters worry about light

K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,248 posts
Joined Nov 2008
Richmond VA USA
Nov 20, 2012 14:03 |  #20

whmeltonjr wrote in post #15268759external link
You're on a mad lens buying frenzy! Buy all the wide angles :lol:

Honestly I wouldn't have bought the 14-24 if I hadn't bumped into it by accident. I want to do some extended comparisons once I'm done with some medical issues in a few weeks and I won't feel rushed to return a rental. In the end I'll keep one of the three I have, I've already decided to sell the 18-35 and either the 14-24 or the 16-35 will go as well.

Oh, the gear fund is bust again. Didn't take long to blow that bit of cash. :lol:

Flickrexternal link

K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,248 posts
Joined Nov 2008
Richmond VA USA
Nov 20, 2012 14:03 |  #21

vipergts831 wrote in post #15268788external link
20K posts. Hope we can get a Nikon Subforum :)

And a film subforum. ;)

Flickrexternal link

dharrisphotog
Goldmember
2,331 posts
Joined Apr 2009
Nov 20, 2012 14:11 |  #22

Nice. Part III!

K6AZ wrote in post #15268752external link
ATTENTION TO THOSE OF YOU WITH D800 BODIES RE THE TRANSCEND SD CARDS

After further testing today I've determined these cards are NOT compatible with the D800. These cards cause hangups while the camera is flushing the buffer onto the card. They work fine in the D7000 so I'll hang onto mine but DO NOT use them in a D800.

Thanks for that info! I was going to buy these during an Amazon deal a couple of days ago, but it wasn't on Nikon's approval list, plus I only trust Sandisk and Lexar. It's moments like this I'm glad I have trust issues.

D800 | Sigma 35mm 1.4 Art | Nikkor 85mm 1.8G | Nikkor 70-200 2.8G
Gear | Facebookexternal link | Twitterexternal link | Flickrexternal link | Google+external link

iLvision
Cream of the Crop
5,766 posts
Joined Oct 2011
Western pot hole city, Massachusetts
Nov 20, 2012 14:12 |  #23
banned

Ok folks, here are the images of the D800 + Zeikos grip + RRS L-Plate. Fits perfectly and saved $300 :D

IMAGE NOT FOUND IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

D800 + Zeikos grip + RRS L-Plate (external link) by Ilya Lisyanyy (external link), on Flickr

HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

D800 + Zeikos grip + RRS L-Plate (external link) by Ilya Lisyanyy (external link), on Flickr

No problem with opening the rubber door

Ilya | Gear | flickrexternal link D800| 14-300mm f/1.4GL ED VR III USWM

K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,248 posts
Joined Nov 2008
Richmond VA USA
Nov 20, 2012 14:19 |  #24

Razeus wrote in post #15268816external link
Nice. Part III!

Thanks for that info! I was going to buy these during an Amazon deal a couple of days ago, but it wasn't on Nikon's approval list, plus I only trust Sandisk and Lexar. It's moments like this I'm glad I have trust issues.

I'm Mikey the Life cereal kid, I'll try anything. I wouldn't have bought them if I only had the D800 since a lot of cards have had issues with it. They work great in the D7000, I burst over 60 shots in a few seconds and it didn't take long to finish writing to the card. So these will be used in the D7000 and I'll use the SanDisk cards exclusively in the D800.

Flickrexternal link

MikeFairbanks
Cream of the Crop
6,428 posts
Joined Jun 2009
Nov 20, 2012 14:23 |  #25

I have a problem. The Best Buy that is literally a mile from my house normally has horrible stock; always out of everything and they rarely have the higher-end of point and shoots or DSLRs.

But wouldn't you know it, they have the new Nikon D600 in stock.

It hurts, I tell you. Hurts.

Thank you. bw!

iLvision
Cream of the Crop
5,766 posts
Joined Oct 2011
Western pot hole city, Massachusetts
Nov 20, 2012 14:24 |  #26
banned

MikeFairbanks wrote in post #15268868external link
I have a problem. The Best Buy that is literally a mile from my house normally has horrible stock; always out of everything and they rarely have the higher-end of point and shoots or DSLRs.

But wouldn't you know it, they have the new Nikon D600 in stock.

It hurts, I tell you. Hurts.

Get it!! :D

Ilya | Gear | flickrexternal link D800| 14-300mm f/1.4GL ED VR III USWM

HBOC
357 posts
Joined Mar 2010
PDX
Nov 20, 2012 14:30 |  #27

Just switched to Nikon from many years with Canon - although I never really had a "brand loyalty". What caused me to switch to Nikon ironically was when I switched to film (from digital) this past May.

Went from a 1Ds to an F5, and now a D700. The F5 is getting fixed (won't power on - but shows how many frames are left on the roll).. Hope the D700 is a bit tougher than the F5 was.. only shot 5 rolls of film with the F5 :/ ..

FBexternal link
500pxexternal link
Blogexternal link

K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,248 posts
Joined Nov 2008
Richmond VA USA
Nov 20, 2012 14:34 |  #28

HBOC wrote in post #15268901external link
Just switched to Nikon from many years with Canon - although I never really had a "brand loyalty". What caused me to switch to Nikon ironically was when I switched to film (from digital) this past May.

Went from a 1Ds to an F5, and now a D700. The F5 is getting fixed (won't power on - but shows how many frames are left on the roll).. Hope the D700 is a bit tougher than the F5 was.. only shot 5 rolls of film with the F5 :/ ..

I take it you bought the F5 used. Like pro digital bodies they get used hard and that's why I typically avoid buying used pro bodies. Since I switched back to Nikon I picked up a mint F100 that works great, I posted several Velvia slides in the thread that was just closed that is linked in the first post (the II thread).

Flickrexternal link

JPepus
Joined Sep 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Nov 20, 2012 14:35 |  #29

Woohoo! Nikon thread's a Trilogy! Did my first paid shoot with the new Nikon gear. I can't believe how many pictures were in focus compared to when I was shooting with the 5dii. And I was really impressed by the sharpness in some of my shots using the cheap 50mm 1.8G!

-Justin Pepus (Canon 80D, Olympus E-M5II, and some glass)
Flickr.com/JPepus (external link)

jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006
Harvesting Nano crystals
Nov 20, 2012 14:51 |  #30

K6AZ wrote in post #15268632 (external link)
Look at what my friendly FedEx driver just dropped off. Quick and dirty with my $100 D300 and $50 18-55 VR. ;)

QUOTED IMAGE

You are unpredictable!! :lol::p

sponsored links

729,692 views & 448 likes for this thread
Got a Nikon? Share your thoughts and photos here or ask a question! (III)
FORUMS Nikon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Nikon Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.