NYIP

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk
Thread started 05 Jan 2013 (Saturday) 18:45   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

jlstan
Joined Feb 2012
116 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Does anyone have any current reviews of NYIP. I have read past reviews what I am looking for is from Sept. 2012 to current. Is it good? I am looking for a structured program. I am a hobbyist and have learned tons on-line.In a nut shell is the course worth it? I can get it for $798.00

jlstan

Post #1, Jan 05, 2013 18:45:27

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
Heath
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2009
2,332 posts
NYC, NY
[MORE/SHARE]

I have not taken any courses at NYIP, but I really like ICP.

ICP and SVA seem to come up the most in conversation when looking for photography classes in NYC.

Post #2, Jan 05, 2013 18:48:45

Heath
"Some photographers push the envelope. Some sit behind a keyboard and criticize their accomplishments." (seen in the comments of a photo article)
Blogexternal link-Twitterexternal link-Zenfolioexternal link-500pxexternal link-Pinterestexternal link-Gear List

tonylong
do I really have to respond?
Joined Sep 2007
53,001 posts
Vancouver, WA USA
[MORE/SHARE]

I gather that NYIP is mainly about photography in and of itself. It offers things like direct comments on your shots.

There are online "courses" that have a very good reputation and that offer pretty extensive coverage of both photography and digital post-processing. KelbyTraining.com and Lynda.com are two examples.

Post #3, Jan 05, 2013 22:13:02

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBaseexternal link
Wildlife project pics hereexternal link, Biking Photog shoots hereexternal link, "Suburbia" project hereexternal link! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics hereexternal link

jlstan
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Feb 2012
116 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Is anyone currently in the course?

Post #4, Jan 06, 2013 07:10:53 as a reply to tonylong's post 8 hours earlier.

alabama1980
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2008
1,213 posts
Gadsden, AL
[MORE/SHARE]

I don't have personal experience with it, however I do know someone that completed it. This person recently commented on a shot of mine of my niece in front of the Christmas tree. They wanted to know how I got the nice orbs of light in the background. I replied that it was simply using a large aperture and the subjects distance from the light to make them go out of focus. I really don't think if the course was worth the price that question would'nt have had to be asked. Your mileage may vary.

Post #5, Jan 06, 2013 19:45:07

Name's Andy! :)
Facebookexternal link
My 500pxexternal link
asheltonphoto.comexternal link

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
V4her
Joined Mar 2012
439 posts
North Carolina
[MORE/SHARE]

I am currently in the course. It covers both photography and business aspects. the initial assignments are rather basic, covering very specific single aspects of photography such as DoF or selective focus. Later lessons are more complex assignments covering different areas of photography, from portraiture, sports, architectural, etc. So you get exposure to different areas should you not know what or how to shoot that area. Each assignment is critiqued.

Is it great? No. It is a good general course covering a broad area that will make you work to improve and explore your photography.

Post #6, Jan 06, 2013 20:04:03 as a reply to alabama1980's post 18 minutes earlier.

NC Scenes and TravelWebsiteexternal link
Galleriesexternal link

LIST NEARBY THREADS
637 views & 0 likes for this thread
NYIP
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES