LIST NEARBY THREADS

dmward
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jun 2009
7,127 posts
Metro Chicago
[MORE/SHARE]

tetrode wrote in post #15600059external link
I don't have a CL-360 yet so I'm not able to post any images showing comparative size between it and the CL-180. However, Edward did send me a short (25 second) video that has both CL models in it. The purpose of the video was to demonstrate how a single Lithium 4500 battery pack could power four flash units simultaneously and provide very good recycling time while doing it. The four flashes were all set to full power.

To connect four units to a battery that has only two ports, Edward used two "one-to-two" cables. The flash units from left to right are a Canon 580EX II, CL-180, CL-180, and CL-360. Since questions have come up regarding the size of the 360, I asked ET if it would be alright to share the video here on POTN. He said that would be fine:

http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=Glld-y2YZmsexternal link

Of course, better images of the CL-360 will be forthcoming shortly.

Its bigger but not that much bigger. Especially considering the power.

Main thing for me is will it use the same diameter flash tube so the modifiers can be used on either unit.

Post #286, Feb 11, 2013 22:21:46

David | digifotografi tutorialsexternal link | dmwfotos websiteexternal link

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
silvrbullet
Joined Apr 2009
608 posts
Kansas
[MORE/SHARE]

So... is it safe to assume we will be able to purchase extra Cl-Rx receivers to trigger other equipment, like hot shoe flashes and studio strobes? I really don't want to have two sets of triggers, and I'm at the point now where I could jump to cheetah if this would be possible.

Post #287, Feb 12, 2013 06:59:17

Canon 5D Mark III | Fuji X-T1
For Sale -- RRS 5DII BGE6-L L-Plate

elv
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2006
1,184 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

silvrbullet wrote in post #15601231external link
So... is it safe to assume we will be able to purchase extra Cl-Rx receivers to trigger other equipment, like hot shoe flashes and studio strobes? I really don't want to have two sets of triggers, and I'm at the point now where I could jump to cheetah if this would be possible.

I don't know if Cheetah will sell these, but asking Godox the same question they said the Godox Cells II transceivers are compatible, so you can use those as extra receivers to trigger other lights from the Cl-Tx -

http://www.godox.com ...l_in_one_Transceive​r.htmlexternal link

Post #288, Feb 12, 2013 07:48:32

FLASHHAVOC.COMexternal link

dmward
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jun 2009
7,127 posts
Metro Chicago
[MORE/SHARE]

silvrbullet wrote in post #15601231external link

If you look at the pictures Dave has shared you'll notice that the receiver is a small unit that plugs into the side of the CL-180 via a USB connection according to Dave. That would make it unusable with other equipment. If the Cells-II is compatible then it can be used for other devices. The one downside, based solely on the pictures, is that the Cells-II only has the dip switches not the rotary dial, which implies that it can only support a single group.
Since the Cells-II will be a fire only device that shouldn't be a problem. The groups supported by the rotary dial are more useful for segregating the CL-180s for power control.

Here is what is on the dZone2 eBay page for the Cells-II

The Godox Cells II Transceiver is a brand new high-speed flash & camera trigger system designed with multi-functionality. The Cells II can be used to trigger studio flash, speedlites & flashguns and also as a remote trigger for your camera.
The Cells II Radio Transceiver is the latest High-Speed Radio Trigger kit from Godox. It features:
• Maximum sync speed of 1/8000s (Canon HSS supported)
• Auto-sensing Technology - send/receive signals automatically
• Multi Function - trigger cameras, studio strobes and speedlites with a single remote
• Multi Channel - 16 channels to have multiple flashes under control at the same time

Post #289, Feb 12, 2013 08:34:45

CheetahStand
Joined Apr 2010
94 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

dmward wrote in post #15601466external link
If you look at the pictures Dave has shared you'll notice that the receiver is a small unit that plugs into the side of the CL-180 via a USB connection according to Dave. That would make it unusable with other equipment. If the Cells-II is compatible then it can be used for other devices. The one downside, based solely on the pictures, is that the Cells-II only has the dip switches not the rotary dial, which implies that it can only support a single group.
Since the Cells-II will be a fire only device that shouldn't be a problem. The groups supported by the rotary dial are more useful for segregating the CL-180s for power control.

The Godox Cells II Transceiver is a brand new high-speed flash & camera trigger system designed with multi-functionality. The Cells II can be used to trigger studio flash, speedlites & flashguns and also as a remote trigger for your camera.
The Cells II Radio Transceiver is the latest High-Speed Radio Trigger kit from Godox. It features:
• Multi Function - trigger cameras, studio strobes and speedlites with a single remote
• Multi Channel - 16 channels to have multiple flashes under control at the same time

Cells-II current model only support 1/8000 sync speed. 5D,5DII and 7D.and Canon camera before 5DII and 7D.
dZone2 eBay page for the Cells-II should let people know about this...
Cheetah is currently working with Godox on Canon 5DIII.6D and 1DX to support 1/8000 sync speed.
Nikon camera 1/8000 sync support will be our next step....

Post #290, Feb 12, 2013 09:19:58

Edward Tang
info@cheetahstand.com
www.cheetahstand.comexternal link
www.cheetahstand.netexternal link
Follow me on Facebook https://www.facebook.c​om/CheetahStand?ref=hlexternal link

sponsored links
tongki
Joined Oct 2009
390 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

CheetahStand wrote in post #15601619external link
Cells-II current model only support 1/8000 sync speed. 5D,5DII and 7D.and Canon camera before 5DII and 7D.
dZone2 eBay page for the Cells-II should let people know about this...
Cheetah is currently working with Godox on Canon 5DIII.6D and 1DX to support 1/8000 sync speed.
Nikon camera 1/8000 sync support will be our next step....

I am sorry,
6D can go 1/8000 also ? is it possible ? How ?

Post #291, Feb 12, 2013 09:39:55

EOS 70D x 5 units
Newton FR3, Newton modified bracket, EF 17-40mm x2, EF 70-200mm x1
Quantum Trio x2, T5D-R x1 + FW7Q x1, CoPilot x2, Godox AD-180 x3, Ving 860 x1, FT-16 x2
sorry, no stupid speedlite from Canon !

CheetahStand
Joined Apr 2010
94 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

tongki wrote in post #15601684external link
I am sorry,
6D can go 1/8000 also ? is it possible ? How ?

Sorry,on Canon 6D,to max speed 1/4000.
We still work on this.Before release,we'll have more info.

Post #292, Feb 12, 2013 09:51:46

Edward Tang
info@cheetahstand.com
www.cheetahstand.comexternal link
www.cheetahstand.netexternal link
Follow me on Facebook https://www.facebook.c​om/CheetahStand?ref=hlexternal link

windpig
Chopped liver
Joined Dec 2008
12,076 posts
Just South of Ballard
[MORE/SHARE]

Hypersync would be way cool

Post #293, Feb 12, 2013 10:58:11

silvrbullet
Joined Apr 2009
608 posts
Kansas
[MORE/SHARE]

A lot of people seem to be worried about the foot breaking off in a fall. I've luckily never had an issue with that, but what I'm concerned about is how sturdy the bulb is in the event the the flash hits the ground? I imagine if it's in an Apollo like softbox, it will be pretty well protected, but what if you are using it with the Kacey bracket, or something similar?

dmward wrote in post #15601466external link

Thanks for the information!

I completely forgot the receiver connected via USB.

Post #294, Feb 12, 2013 11:24:20

Canon 5D Mark III | Fuji X-T1
For Sale -- RRS 5DII BGE6-L L-Plate

scorpio_e
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2007
6,557 posts
Pa
[MORE/SHARE]

I am anxious to get one of these on pre order. Looks like this will fit nicely into my workflow:)

Post #295, Feb 12, 2013 11:35:05

http://steelcityphotog​raphy.zenfolio.com/external link

turcoyan
Joined Feb 2013
24 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Somebody knows what will be the fastest sync speed on a Olympus Em-5 or Panasonic GH3 ?

Will the receiver trigger a Metz 58 AF-2 ( yes , It does have a USB plug ) ?

Thank you for the Info .

Post #296, Feb 12, 2013 12:13:12 as a reply to scorpio_e's post 38 minutes earlier.

sponsored links
dmward
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jun 2009
7,127 posts
Metro Chicago
[MORE/SHARE]

CheetahStand wrote in post #15601716external link
Sorry,on Canon 6D,to max speed 1/4000.
We still work on this.Before release,we'll have more info.

Edward,
Thanks for the update.
Getting this to work with all currently available Canon DSLRs at their maximum shutter speed will be very useful.

Post #297, Feb 12, 2013 12:31:22

dmward
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jun 2009
7,127 posts
Metro Chicago
[MORE/SHARE]

windpig wrote in post #15601945external link
Hypersync would be way cool

It apparently works on Canon cameras prior to the 2012 models.
Probably Canon did something in its firmware to enable 600EX-RT capabilities that will have to be addressed.

Even though the dZone2 info says High Speed Sync, I expect that this is really hyper sync since HSS requires multiflashing which probably requires some capabilities that are more difficult.

I exchanged several emails with Paul Buff and Pocket Wizard regarding HSS on the Einsteins while I was beta testing the MC2. Buff and PW both declared that the control circuitry for true HSS was quite complicated and that they didn't want to invest the resources required to reverse engineer.

If Godox has already done the reverse engineering for ETTL capabilities on speedlites that naturally changes the equation and makes real HSS much more likely.

Post #298, Feb 12, 2013 12:40:33

dmward
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jun 2009
7,127 posts
Metro Chicago
[MORE/SHARE]

turcoyan wrote in post #15602201external link
Somebody knows what will be the fastest sync speed on a Olympus Em-5 or Panasonic GH3 ?

Will the receiver trigger a Metz 58 AF-2 ( yes , It does have a USB plug ) ?

Thank you for the Info .

Based on the picture in the dZone2 ads the Cells-II has a Canon hot shoe. That may or may not work on an Olympus or Panasonic camera. And then it would rely on those manufacturers sending the same pre-fire sync signal on the same pin as Canon. That all seems unlikely.

Similarly, the USB connection is a physical layer connection, but its unlikely that Metz and Godox have collaborated to make sure the higher layer communications required for triggering are compatible.

Post #299, Feb 12, 2013 12:45:03

symbolphoto
Cream of the Crop
Joined Nov 2005
6,596 posts
Boston, MA
[MORE/SHARE]

Can anyone speak to the IR beams? Do they both fire? Or do they do separate things?

Post #300, Feb 12, 2013 14:18:41

Boston Wedding Photographerexternal link | Flickrexternal link | Gear

LIST NEARBY THREADS
472,533 views & 1 like for this thread
A New Bare Bulb Flash Arrives
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES