Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Macro
Thread started 29 Jan 2013 (Tuesday) 10:25
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Cheap Macro Setup

mrgooch
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2008
Toms River NJ
Jan 29, 2013 10:25 |  #1

What recommendations would you give for an inexpensive camera and lens combo. I am looking for something out of date but still usable. I don't have any specialty just all around use. My price range is the very bottom.

ABbuggin
20 posts
Joined Jan 2013
Jan 29, 2013 13:25 |  #2

I think this is in the wrong section, but I'll give my .2c before its moved. :)

Take a quick look at some of the pictures I've posted. All taken with a 18-55mm kit lens (canon 350D) and some electronic extension tubes. I've had the same body/lens since '06, so I have learned how to use it to its full extent. Grab some used Opteka electronic extension tubes ($50ish) and a whole different world opens. :) BTW, you can use the $10 bare bones extension tubes, but IMO its not worth the hassle.

maverick75
Cream of the Crop
Joined May 2012
Riverside,California
Jan 29, 2013 13:31 |  #3

I have the $6 bare bones ones and they're extremely easy to use, and give great results. It's way better than reversing the lens or adding +1 type filters.

If you want cheap electronic you can usually find these lenses for $5-10, or even free from people who don't want them anymore.

EF 35-80mm for macro.

For body if you dont need high ISO you can go with a 10-20D or (their rebel equivalents)
You can pick them up for $100 or so, I got my 10D for $75 off ebay look at my flickr link below to see it's performance.

- Alex Corona Sony A7, Canon 7DM2/EOS M, Mamiya 645/67
Flickr (external link) - 500px (external link) - Website (external link)- Feedback -Feedback

mrgooch
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2008
Toms River NJ
Jan 29, 2013 13:39 |  #4

I am really looking for auto focus.

racketman
Cream of the Crop
20,645 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Oct 2005
Richmond Surrey
Jan 29, 2013 13:56 |  #5

used 40D and efs 60mm. Should work out about $550

Toby
6D, 80D, 100D & Olympus EM-1 MKII
Flickr collections (external link)
Gear

747 views & 0 likes for this thread
Cheap Macro Setup
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Macro

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.