Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses
Thread started 19 Feb 2013 (Tuesday) 23:31
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Samyang 24mm Tilt Shift Pricing Announced | $999

Tony_Stark
Shellhead
4,287 posts
Joined May 2010
Toronto, Canada
Feb 19, 2013 23:31 |  #1

http://photorumors.com ...lens-us-pricing-revealed/external link

Very reasonable price I think. Well $600/700 cheaper than Canon/Nikon alternatives. In the future may consider picking this up. I hope the IQ performance is there. Want this thing to be tack sharp corner to corner.

EDIT: Checked prices of Canon's TS-E and more like half the price for the Samyang :p

Nikon D810 | 24-70/2.8G | 58/1.4G
EOS M | 22 f/2 STM

Website (external link) | flickr (external link)

sponsored links
sonnyc
Cream of the Crop
5,147 posts
Joined Jun 2005
san jose
Feb 20, 2013 00:11 |  #2

I think price is really good for the lens. I can't wait until Samyang release the 45mm TSE :)

Sonny
websiteexternal link|Gear List

kawi_200
Goldmember
1,409 posts
Joined Jul 2011
Everett, WA
Feb 20, 2013 01:04 |  #3

That's not too bad at all. I'd like to see a 90mm TS-E come out from Samyang. Or the current 90mm used prices to be down to about $600.

5D4 or 6D2..... Waiting to find out which I buy | 8-15L |24-70mm f/4L IS | 24L II | 40mm pancake | 100L IS | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS mk2 | 400mm f/4 DO IS

Indecent ­ Exposure
Goldmember
3,402 posts
Joined Jan 2007
Austin, Texas
Feb 20, 2013 01:39 |  #4

Previous Samyang lenses have been priced about 1/4 of the 1st party counterpart. This lens is twice that amount. I wouldn't be surprised if the Samyang tilt/shift proves to be a sales dud. It's already a niche market and the pricing competes directly with 2 Canon tilt/shifts and one very good 24mm TS-E Mark I.

This had the potential to opening up tilt/shifting to the masses. That revolution will probably have to be put on hold.

- James -
www.feedthewant.comexternal link
500pxexternal link
Gear List and Feedback

h4ppydaze
Goldmember
1,329 posts
Joined Oct 2011
Feb 20, 2013 03:32 |  #5

Indecent Exposure wrote in post #15630659external link
Previous Samyang lenses have been priced about 1/4 of the 1st party counterpart. This lens is twice that amount. I wouldn't be surprised if the Samyang tilt/shift proves to be a sales dud. It's already a niche market and the pricing competes directly with 2 Canon tilt/shifts and one very good 24mm TS-E Mark I.

This had the potential to opening up tilt/shifting to the masses. That revolution will probably have to be put on hold.

Well that's because they could leave out AF and electronic aperture control. The Canon is MF only and is still 2k+

It obviously costs a fair deal to manufacture the optics necessary to cover that wide of an image circle at the 24mm focal length so I don't expect the price difference to be nearly as large because AF is already out of the picture.

If the optics are ~90% or greater of what Canon offers I highly doubt it will be a flop

kawi_200
Goldmember
1,409 posts
Joined Jul 2011
Everett, WA
Feb 20, 2013 03:38 |  #6

It'll have to be better than Canon's mk1 24L TS-E. Otherwise people will just end up buying the Canon.

5D4 or 6D2..... Waiting to find out which I buy | 8-15L |24-70mm f/4L IS | 24L II | 40mm pancake | 100L IS | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS mk2 | 400mm f/4 DO IS

sponsored links

1,315 views & 0 likes for this thread
Samyang 24mm Tilt Shift Pricing Announced | $999
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.