Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd of February 2013 (Fri)   #1
N2bnfunn
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 438
Default Best Price on a Canon 1DX

Hello has anyone ran across a sale price for a Canon 1DX the best price I can fine is 6,799.00 Anyone know of a better price then that?
__________________
Canon 1DX Canon 5D MkIII Lens EF 16-35 L 2.8 EF 70-200 L 2.8 EF 50mm 1.2 L 24-105 4.0 L 24-70 2.8L II Canon Pixma PRO-1 Intuos Small Tablet
N2bnfunn is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 22nd of February 2013 (Fri)   #2
Saint728
Goldmember
 
Saint728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Honolulu Hawaii
Posts: 2,892
Default Re: Best Price on a Canon 1DX

http://www.digitalrev.com/product/ca...FQjhQgodrCkAXQ
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EOS-1D...749#vi-content

Take Care,
Cheers, Patrick
__________________
Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III | 17-40mm f/4.0L | 70-200mm f/2.8L USM | 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro | 300mm f/4.0L IS
Click Here To See My Gear
Click here to see my Flickr

Saint728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd of February 2013 (Fri)   #3
PacAce
Moderator
 
PacAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: ABE, PA USA
Posts: 26,807
Default Re: Best Price on a Canon 1DX

B&H Photo - $6728.99. Not really a sale price but their regular price although they don't show it until you put it into your shopping cart or wish list. You also get a free Canon battery for the 1Dx, a 32 GB SanDisk card, a Canon camera bag and some other stuff which effective lowers the price even more since you'll probably want to get another battery and maybe even a large capacity CF card (the other items may not be as useful although the bag isn't that bad).
__________________
...Leo

Last edited by PacAce : 22nd of February 2013 (Fri) at 14:00.
PacAce is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 22nd of February 2013 (Fri)   #4
TSchrief
User is banned from forums
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bourbon, Indiana
Posts: 2,099
Default Re: Best Price on a Canon 1DX

For something that cost more $6700, I would stay away from all but the most reputable retailers.
TSchrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd of February 2013 (Fri)   #5
Starved
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Posts: 108
Default Re: Best Price on a Canon 1DX

Go to your local authorized camera store. Use your CPS number and you will be surprised at the new price.
__________________
Canon 1DS Mark III | 1D Mark IV | 1DX | 14 f/2.8L II | 24 f/1.4L II | 35 f/1.4L | 50 f/1.2L | 85 f/1.2L II | 100 f/2.8L IS MACRO | 135 f/2.0L | 200 f/2.8L II | 200 f/2.0L IS | 300 f/2.8L IS | 400 f/2.8L IS II | 500 f/4.0 IS II | 600 f/2.8L IS II | 17-40 f/4.0L | 24-70 f/2.8L II | 24-105 f/4.0L IS | 70-200 f/4.0L IS | 70-200 f/2.8L IS II | ZEISS 21 f/2.8 ZE | TS-E 24 f/3.5 L II |
Starved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd of February 2013 (Fri)   #6
Bonbridge
Senior Member
 
Bonbridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 1,070
Default Re: Best Price on a Canon 1DX

Do you get discounts if you are a CPS member?
__________________
5DII + 6D | 8Σ |17-40L | 35Σ | 85LII | 70-200LII
flickr
| 5PX |Facebook

Photo's of China
Bonbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd of February 2013 (Fri)   #7
notastockpikr
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 238
Default Re: Best Price on a Canon 1DX

Quote:
Do you get discounts if you are a CPS member?
Only if you are a Canadian CPS member. It's not a discount, it is a CPS price for L series lenses and 1 series bodies.
notastockpikr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd of February 2013 (Fri)   #8
rdalrt
Senior Member
 
rdalrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Canada and USA
Posts: 1,188
Default Re: Best Price on a Canon 1DX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starved View Post
Go to your local authorized camera store. Use your CPS number and you will be surprised at the new price.
Heh, yep. At the CPS price how can anybody afford NOT to buy one. Or even two (especially with a rebate tacked on).
__________________
Just Sports Photography
My Junk
rdalrt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd of February 2013 (Fri)   #9
kouasupra
Goldmember
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Fresno/Clovis, CA
Posts: 2,606
Default Re: Best Price on a Canon 1DX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSchrief View Post
For something that cost more $6700, I would stay away from all but the most reputable retailers.
Paypal is pretty good.
__________________
1D X | 16-35L II | 24-70L II | 70-200L II | 50L | 85L II | 100L

GEARS
kouasupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd of February 2013 (Fri)   #10
PacAce
Moderator
 
PacAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: ABE, PA USA
Posts: 26,807
Default Re: Best Price on a Canon 1DX

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacAce View Post
B&H Photo - $6728.99. Not really a sale price but their regular price although they don't show it until you put it into your shopping cart or wish list. You also get a free Canon battery for the 1Dx, a 32 GB SanDisk card, a Canon camera bag and some other stuff which effective lowers the price even more since you'll probably want to get another battery and maybe even a large capacity CF card (the other items may not be as useful although the bag isn't that bad).
Oh, I forgot to mention that you also get a 2% credit (of 1Dx purchase price) towards any future purchase at B&H. So that's like another $135 off the price of the 1Dx.
__________________
...Leo
PacAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd of February 2013 (Sat)   #11
N2bnfunn
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 438
Thumbs up Re: Best Price on a Canon 1DX

Hello and thanks digitalrev.com looks like the way to go, so where are they located at? and I hope they only sell USA models.

__________________
Canon 1DX Canon 5D MkIII Lens EF 16-35 L 2.8 EF 70-200 L 2.8 EF 50mm 1.2 L 24-105 4.0 L 24-70 2.8L II Canon Pixma PRO-1 Intuos Small Tablet
N2bnfunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd of February 2013 (Sat)   #12
L-Caholic
Member
 
L-Caholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 107
Default Re: Best Price on a Canon 1DX

here in australia grey market they're $5999 new.
__________________
1DX | 35 f1.4L | 50 f1.2L | 135 f2.0L | MacBookPro | EOS30

SHIRTSTUCKEDIN.COM
L-Caholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd of February 2013 (Sat)   #13
Submariner
Senior Member
 
Submariner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,972
Thumbs down Re: Best Price on a Canon 1DX

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2bnfunn View Post
Hello and thanks digitalrev.com looks like the way to go, so where are they located at? and I hope they only sell USA models.
Suggest you look at there rep.
Selling old stock used in demo videos as new; but most seriously there are numerous cases of defaced serial numbers effectively making the cameras Non Repairable by any Canon Service Agents = also legally unsellable second hand !
Yep the second owner could come back to you, any time in the future and ask for a complete refund! As you effectively sold him a "counterfiet" product you couldn't under UK law even ask for some kind of amortisation for the fact that he may have had a number of years good service out of it.
They have effectively (along with a number of Other unscrupulous dealers ) killed the grey import market.

Unless of course you are
A) planning to keep it for ever and would definitely never want to sell it.
B) You are absolutely sure it will never break or need service, neither will any lenses you buy to go with it. ( re canon asking you to send both in!)
C) or when this blows up in your face and you send it back to DR your happy to pay $160 for postage and then get a new phoney serial number carved into it!

I wouldn't buy a tray of used cat litter from those guys let alone a 1Dx.
Do your research if you don't believe me - they treat their customers like they treat demo kit.
__________________
Canon EOS 5D Mk III, Canon EF 70-200 F2.8 L Mk II IS USM, Canon EF 70-300 F4-5.6 L IS USM, EF 40mm F2.8 STM , RC6 Remote. Canon STE-3 Radio Flash Controller, Canon 600 EX RT x2, YN 560 MkII x2 ; Bowens GM500PRO x4 , Bowens GM500R, Bowens Remote Control. Bowens Pulsar TX, RX Radio Transmitter and Reciever Cards. Bowens Constant 530 Streamlights 600w x 4 Sold 7D, EF 50mm F1.8 , 430 EX Mk II
Submariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th of February 2013 (Sun)   #14
N2bnfunn
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 438
Default Re: Best Price on a Canon 1DX

Selling old stock of a 1dx it just came out kindof hard to find old stock of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Suggest you look at there rep.
Selling old stock used in demo videos as new; but most seriously there are numerous cases of defaced serial numbers effectively making the cameras Non Repairable by any Canon Service Agents = also legally unsellable second hand !
Yep the second owner could come back to you, any time in the future and ask for a complete refund! As you effectively sold him a "counterfiet" product you couldn't under UK law even ask for some kind of amortisation for the fact that he may have had a number of years good service out of it.
They have effectively (along with a number of Other unscrupulous dealers ) killed the grey import market.

Unless of course you are
A) planning to keep it for ever and would definitely never want to sell it.
B) You are absolutely sure it will never break or need service, neither will any lenses you buy to go with it. ( re canon asking you to send both in!)
C) or when this blows up in your face and you send it back to DR your happy to pay $160 for postage and then get a new phoney serial number carved into it!

I wouldn't buy a tray of used cat litter from those guys let alone a 1Dx.
Do your research if you don't believe me - they treat their customers like they treat demo kit.
__________________
Canon 1DX Canon 5D MkIII Lens EF 16-35 L 2.8 EF 70-200 L 2.8 EF 50mm 1.2 L 24-105 4.0 L 24-70 2.8L II Canon Pixma PRO-1 Intuos Small Tablet
N2bnfunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th of February 2013 (Sun)   #15
Pjay
Member
 
Pjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 603
Default Re: Best Price on a Canon 1DX

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Caholic View Post
here in australia grey market they're $5999 new.
Or $5477.00
http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au/...R-Cameras.aspx
__________________
Gear List
Flickr http://instagram.com/pjay55
'Photography is a love affair with life.' Burk Uzzle
Pjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Half Price @ Amazon!: Canon Deluxe Photo Backpack 200EG for Canon EOS SLR Cameras u2wedge Accessories & Storage 39 24th of June 2006 (Sat) 17:43
Half price @ Amazon!: Canon Deluxe Photo Backpack 200EG for Canon EOS SLR Cameras u2wedge Canon EOS Digital Cameras 0 13th of January 2006 (Fri) 21:24


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
This forum is not affiliated with Canon in any way and is run as a free user helpsite by Pekka Saarinen, Helsinki Finland. You will need to register in order to be able to post messages. Cookies are required for registering and posting. HTML in messages is not allowed, plain website addresses are automatically made active by the board.