Canon DSLR Speed Challenge #280 - Photograph From Across the Street
So this is street photography, taken from a safe distance. Too often we photographers fear the act of trespassing into people's personal space, by thrusting a camera in a face, squeezing the shutter, and hoping for two things. That you captured a good image, and you don't get punched in the nose for doing what you just did.
What I like about across the street photographs, is you can stage your scene, and not get punched. By looking across the street find something you think will be grabbing people's attention and wait for the cast of characters to walk onto your stage, then squeeze your shutter. Maybe your attraction is a street entertainer, a shop window with a sexy lingerie display, a poster, or someone's cute puppy-dog. You're looking for that attraction, now with your camera set and ready, you're just waiting for the attraction to draw the flies that will complete your image's story. Then click.
Go for it!
Standard Rules apply:
1. Camera - Any Canon DSLR Camera
2. Time - please note the date restriction described in the challenge description
3. Size - Please visit Image Posting Rules.
4. Post-Processing - do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting - * ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge.* Photo Name in the message subject line.* Camera model & lens used.* Notes -- post brief EXIF data including ISO, shutter speed and aperture used.
6. Commenting - No commenting during challenge. When the posting is closed and a winner has been declared, comments can be made in this thread.
7. Keep it clean, and both Family and Work safe.
8. Have questions, PM me.
9. Have FUN!
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
* New Topic - After winner is declared.
* Posting Starts - Right after topic is announced.
* Posting Ends -10pm April 21nd, 2013 Eastern Standard Time.
* Winner from this competition decides the theme of the next one (and judges it for a winner) after this competition is closed.