Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk
Thread started 16 Apr 2013 (Tuesday) 11:10
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

This happened twice to me...funny

digirebelva
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2008
Appomattox, Virginia
Apr 16, 2013 11:10 |  #1

I was shooting my cousins wedding this weekend, and on 2 occasions while lining up to get shots, someone came up with their Iphone to also get a shot...they look over at me, (7d with grip, 24-70 with lens hood on), look back at their Iphone, and comment "I feel really inadequate right now"...all I could do was laugh...:D...but to have it happen twice in the day....oh, on both occasions the Iphone holders were guys...so you get a better mental picture..

Anybody else get those comments lately...

EOS 6d, 7dMKII, Tokina 11-16, Tokina 16-28, Sigma 70-200mm F/2.8, Sigma 17-50 F/2.8, Canon 24-70mm F/2.8L, Canon 70-200 F/2.8L, Mixed Speedlites and other stuff.

When it ceases to be fun, it will be time to walk away
Website (external link) | Fine Art America (external link)

sponsored links
Alex_Venom
Goldmember
1,624 posts
Joined Nov 2008
Apr 16, 2013 14:07 |  #2

LOL!!
I usually don´t take it so well. I just hate when I´m framing a shot and someone with an iPhone jumps between me and the subject trying to get my shot and says something like:

"Don´t worry! Don´t worry! This will take just a second!"

Oh, boy.. and don´t even get me started on people shooting in the middle of the reception with an iPad! :D

Photography is about GEAR and not talent or practice. Practice won't make you a better photographer. Expensive equipment will. =D
"Nobody can buy a scalpel and become a doctor, but anyone can buy a camera and become a photographer."

flashpoint99
409 posts
Joined Dec 2012
Apr 16, 2013 14:37 |  #3

I have the same set up as you and my nephew commented at a family gathering that I wasted my $ on my overpriced gear when I could have just bought an iPhone. I told him ok lets make a bet, Come with me to my next dance recital shoot and if you can capture the same qualtiy images as me with that iPhone Ill give you my camera, if you cant I get your iphone!...He declined. About a week later he posted on FB how he bought a $2000 guitar (he plays in a band) I responded by asking him why he wasted his money on a guitar when there is a guitar app for his iPhone?

Erik ­ S. ­ Klein
uppity vermin fan
Joined Jun 2009
San Jose, CA
Apr 16, 2013 14:45 |  #4

flashpoint99 wrote in post #15834567external link
I responded by asking him why he wasted his money on a guitar when there is a guitar app for his iPhone?

Classic!

To the OP, I have been known to bring my 1Dx+24-70 or 70-200 with a Rode Mic all on the tall tripod to film kids concerts and such. I get similar comments (and lots of requests for copies of video and images.)

At the last show I did a quick pan of all of the iPhone/iPad folks getting crappy shots in the bad lighting. I don't think anyone watched their kids until they got home later.

Gear List
www.vintage-computer.comexternal link

moose10101
registered smartass
1,562 posts
Joined May 2010
Maryland, USA
Apr 16, 2013 14:47 |  #5

flashpoint99 wrote in post #15834567external link
About a week later he posted on FB how he bought a $2000 guitar (he plays in a band) I responded by asking him why he wasted his money on a guitar when there is a guitar app for his iPhone?

Game, set, and match.

digirebelva
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2008
Appomattox, Virginia
Apr 16, 2013 20:20 |  #6

Alex_Venom wrote in post #15834478external link
LOL!!
I usually don´t take it so well. I just hate when I´m framing a shot and someone with an iPhone jumps between me and the subject trying to get my shot and says something like:

"Don´t worry! Don´t worry! This will take just a second!"

Oh, boy.. and don´t even get me started on people shooting in the middle of the reception with an iPad! :D

At least they werent rude about trying to get shots, they asked first and were patient

EOS 6d, 7dMKII, Tokina 11-16, Tokina 16-28, Sigma 70-200mm F/2.8, Sigma 17-50 F/2.8, Canon 24-70mm F/2.8L, Canon 70-200 F/2.8L, Mixed Speedlites and other stuff.

When it ceases to be fun, it will be time to walk away
Website (external link) | Fine Art America (external link)

sponsored links

869 views & 0 likes for this thread
This happened twice to me...funny
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.