Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Small Compact Digitals by Canon
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th of June 2003 (Sun)   #1
soboro

Default CF speeds in S400

Hi, when I bought my S400, I bought a regular 256MB CF card with it. I could have paid a little more and got a 12X lexar card but someone told me that the S400 only has write speeds of up to 4X.
Is this true? Can you guys confirm this for me? I'd like to know if I should switch up. Thanks.
soboro is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 29th of June 2003 (Sun)   #2
sstinman

Default Re: CF speeds in S400

I'm not sure about the camera speeds. THe CF review in DPreview shows all cameras are below 4x, even the better profesional cameras are the same way.

With a faster CF full card downloads are that much quicker when used through a CF reader. Also, the CF card could pull double duty as thumb drive. To transfer files between computers.
sstinman is offline   Reply With Quote