FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Small Compact Digitals by Canon
Thread started 15 Jun 2013 (Saturday) 11:34   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

RichardElph330Man
Hatchling
Joined Jun 2013
2 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I have successfully added my SSID and Wireless Key (16 letters) to my Wi-Fi settings on my new Canon Powershot ELPH 330.
The camera finds my SSID Name and MY Computer ok. However, it try's to connect for a few minutes and fails. I have a wireless printer and netbook that both were successfully connecting using wireless.
The new Canon Elph just keeps searching for my Computer but never successfully connects.
Has anyone else had this problem with this new camera?
Very frustrating to know that this camera is wi-fi but can't connect to use any of the wi-fi options on the camera.
Please Help!
:confused:

I forgot to mention that I called Canon Tech Support and they tried to help me for over 1 hour and cannot understand why the wi-fi is not successful.

Post #1, Jun 15, 2013 11:34:59

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
Overland1
Mostly Lurking
Joined Dec 2007
11 posts
Central Upstate NY
[MORE/SHARE]

Although your camera can "see" the network, is your router's firewall set to accept the camera?

Is the camera's Wi-Fi using 802.11a, b, g, and/or n? Whichever it uses, does your router support the same protocol? I asked this as I have some 802.11g stuff that, in order to use on my network, I need to "open that up" on my Netgear router, using the router access application.

Post #2, Jun 16, 2013 12:18:34

RichardElph330Man
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
Joined Jun 2013
2 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Overland1 wrote in post #16036146external link
Although your camera can "see" the network, is your router's firewall set to accept the camera?

Is the camera's Wi-Fi using 802.11a, b, g, and/or n? Whichever it uses, does your router support the same protocol? I asked this as I have some 802.11g stuff that, in order to use on my network, I need to "open that up" on my Netgear router, using the router access application.

Thank you very much Overland1 for your reply to my camera issue.
I called Verizon, my service provider and they told me that my Verizon Router supports WPA Encryption
I will call Canon Tech Support tomorrow and find out if my Canon Powershot ELPH 330 accepts WPA encryption.
Will let you know if I am successful.
I hope that this problem will be resolved soon.

Post #3, Jun 16, 2013 18:10:43

Jon

Cocker Spaniel Mod

Joined Jun 2004
68,167 posts
Bethesda, MD USA
[MORE/SHARE]

First, try setting up an ad-hoc network directly between your PC and your camera, with no encryption. Then, while your router may support encryption, are you actually using it in your home network (many, foolishly, don't). And have you read this documentexternal link Canon has published for WiFi connectivity?

Post #4, Jun 16, 2013 18:47:32

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

LIST NEARBY THREADS
5,407 views & 0 likes for this thread
WI-FI ISSUE WITH CANON POWERSHOT ELPH 330
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Small Compact Digitals by Canon

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES