Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Photo Sharing' section > Performing Arts
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd of January 2006 (Sun)   #1
EricKonieczny

Thumbs up Bangin on the drums, Congos to be exact - Live Percussion and one DJ shot

I haven't posted anything recently been very busy traveleng for work.

But , I did get to have fun and work last Friday for a great event.

This guy could play liked I have never seen before. He played along with the DJ and added to the beats all night long. This was at Volume Nightclub in Detroit for "Musique" with DJ's Mike Czech and Shawn Michaels.

It was very dark int he club with some intelligent lighting , but not much on the congos or int he DJ booth. Good think I have the 580EX

There was also some gorgeous women in attendance.

Click HERE for all 87 Photos from Musique @ Volume 01.20.2006

Bruce " the Medicine Man" Cobb

I told Shawn the DJ , if he was really hungry I would go down the street and pick him up some food. He just loooked at me and Laughed.

Comments, Feeback, and Criticism is appreciated.

EricKonieczny is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 22nd of January 2006 (Sun)   #2
DwightMcCann
so, what are we talking about?

Default Re: Bangin on the drums, Congos to be exact - Live Percussion and one DJ shot

You ALWAYS seem to find the "gorgeous wimmen"!
DwightMcCann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd of January 2006 (Mon)   #3
codex0
"Scut Farkus"

Default Re: Bangin on the drums, Congos to be exact - Live Percussion and one DJ shot

I really like the first shot - I think it's a very dynamic capture. The cigar adds to the personality of the shot, too.
CAMERAS! I USE CAMERAS!
codex0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 23rd of January 2006 (Mon)   #4
EricKonieczny

Thanks

and to Dwight, many of them find me

, I just wish I could shoot with a longer lens and move further back to get better compression

But I usually never turn anyone down that wants a photo taken at an event. Heck I am paid to be there by the owners, DJ's, or Promoters and who am I to judge anyone. You never know who they may be or connected to. By just giving out my business cards and having my own website, I have peopel coming up to me all the time. I have a few events coming up for the Super Bowl i weekend in Detroit ... I just wish I could get in the game itself also.

Old 23rd of January 2006 (Mon)   #5
DwightMcCann

Eric, yup, that's how it works! Say, how long have you been at this type of thing?
Old 24th of January 2006 (Tue)   #6
EricKonieczny

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwightMcCann
Eric, yup, that's how it works! Say, how long have you been at this type of thing?
Photography in general, club photography, or actually making money and not just a hobbie?

Lets see........

Photography in general, since 1997, but I only every had a cheap 35mm fil camera, that was auto everything,

then got a Sony 717 digital and started club photography back in Jan 2003.

and it hasn't even been a full year since I have had my 20D and everthing you see in my sig , and making some money with it . So I am still very new .

In less than one year I have spent ALLOT of money on new gear. Between a new Dell Computer, Apple 23 inch Cinema Display, new Dell 15 inch laptop (I just got it 2 weeks ago) and all my Canon gear, I could have bought myself a nice new car . But cars do not take good photos.

But no new gear for a while, buying a house soon, I am house hunting now.

I need to get a steady gig like yours Dwight, with great lighting, and get a few primes, a full frame camera, and some longer L glass

Old 25th of January 2006 (Wed)   #7
hedphonz

the drums are actually called congas, not congos. good job on the photo
hedphonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th of January 2006 (Wed)   #8
René Damkot
Cream of the Crop

First and last picture are very nice!
In the link also some very nice balanced flash pics (and gorgeous women )
Also I like the hands . Pity it's in flash: I'ld like to look at some of the EXIF data.

Last edited by René Damkot : 25th of January 2006 (Wed) at 10:49.
René Damkot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th of January 2006 (Wed)   #9
DwightMcCann

Thanks, Eric!
Old 31st of January 2006 (Tue)   #10
EricKonieczny

Quote:
Originally Posted by René Damkot
First and last picture are very nice!
In the link also some very nice balanced flash pics (and gorgeous women )
Also I like the hands . Pity it's in flash: I'ld like to look at some of the EXIF data.

All EXIF data is still attached to the photos

Old 31st of January 2006 (Tue)   #11
Shabookie

I like the first one tons!

I noticed on all three pix posted that in each one someone had and object in thier mouth. Very cool.

The 3rd pick is cool too. The eyes look very focused on the task at hand. Very telling story there.
Shabookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st of January 2006 (Tue)   #12
ricohcam01

Thumbs up Re: Bangin on the drums, Congos to be exact - Live Percussion and one DJ shot

The next time you see this DJ tell him not to eat his music. It will start skipping and we all know we love that. LOL Great job on the captures.

Canon 5D
Canon 10D
50mm 1.8 II lens
85mm 1.8 lens
28-80 3.5-5.6lens
75-300 4.0-5.6lens
The rest is not canon.
Oooops did I say that out loud.
ricohcam01 is offline   Reply With Quote