Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions
Thread started 21 Oct 2013 (Monday) 10:43
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Canon DSLR Speed Challenge #304 - Trash Collage

Kevan
Goldmember
3,123 posts
Joined Dec 2007
Easton, MD
Oct 21, 2013 10:43 |  #1

Canon DSLR Speed Challenge #304

Trash Collage - Dada style

You know I'm not going to make this easy for you all. Here's an opportunity for you to help clean up your community as well as participate in this challenge. The idea is to collect some garbage, either from the roadside, your neighbor's garbage bin, or the blow-in cards that fall from your magazine as you are sitting on the lou. Please be careful if you choose to go 'roadside', I don't want to hear a Chevy took you out from the challenge's running. Anyway, jumble up the particles as you see fit and take a picture. You decide on the canvas and its lighting. You decide if there's a theme or if it is abstract. I'll be completely subjective in my judgement, as I don't think there's any other way to judge such a topic.

One more thing; do not forget to include the photograph's name in the message subject line of your post.

This challenge begins when posted, and will end at 10:00 p.m. Eastern time Monday, 28 October 2013. Winner of this challenge will be announced shortly thereafter.

Standard Rules apply:
Photo Submissions:

1. Camera - Any Canon DSLR Camera
2. Time - any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size - Please visit Image Posting Rules.
4. Post-Processing - do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting - * ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge.* Photo Name in the message subject line.* Camera model & lens used.* Notes -- post brief EXIF data including ISO, shutter speed and aperture used.
6. Commenting - No commenting during challenge. When the posting is closed and a winner has been declared, comments can be made in this thread.
7. Keep it clean, and both Family and Work safe.
8. Have questions, PM me.
9. Have FUN!

One challenge every week, on the following schedule:

* New Topic - After winner is declared.
* Posting Starts - Right after topic is announced.
* Posting Ends - 10:00 p.m. Eastern Time Monday, 28 October 2013.
* Winner from this competition decides the theme of the next one (and judges it for a winner) after this competition is closed.

kevan's lensexternal link

sponsored links
Kevan
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,123 posts
Joined Dec 2007
Easton, MD
Oct 27, 2013 17:26 |  #2

Hello? I hope you all are busy editing your images.

You have until Monday!

SJC ­ from ­ VT
Cream of the Crop
Joined Feb 2009
USA/Northeast
Oct 28, 2013 20:09 |  #3

Moss Covered Cans

IMAGE: http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3787/10547108573_c29dce7a14_b.jpg
[IMAGE'S LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/cutting4/105471​08573/] (external link)
MossyCans1675 (external link) by sjc from vt (external link), on Flickr

Camera:60D Lens:24-105 f4 Shutter:1/10th Aperture:f/11 ISO:800 Focal length:40mm

I just spotted this competition about an hour ago and remembered this photo that I took in 2012. Not really a collage, but it is trash. Just under the wire...I think!

*Sandy* "If we all had positive attitudes...we could change the world"
7D ll and 60D plus some other stuff! My Flickr http://flic.kr/ps/FEPL​p (external link)

Kevan
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,123 posts
Joined Dec 2007
Easton, MD
Oct 29, 2013 09:15 |  #4

After careful consideration, upon examining all this week's entries, I choose SJC from VT, as our winner.

Thank you for saving this week's challenge SJC. It's all yours!

SJC ­ from ­ VT
Cream of the Crop
Joined Feb 2009
USA/Northeast
Oct 29, 2013 09:34 |  #5

Kevan wrote in post #16408029external link
After careful consideration, upon examining all this week's entries, I choose SJC from VT, as our winner.

Thank you for saving this week's challenge SJC. It's all yours!

Wow...I'm so thrilled to be a winner! Plus the competition was pretty tough! Never entered before, so if I make a mistake with the new entry, please let my know. I will post a new theme shortly.

7D ll and 60D plus some other stuff! My Flickr http://flic.kr/ps/FEPL​p (external link)

SJC ­ from ­ VT
Cream of the Crop
Joined Feb 2009
USA/Northeast
Oct 29, 2013 09:52 |  #6

#305 is up!

http://photography-on-the.net .../showthread.php?t=1​338884

sponsored links

1,004 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon DSLR Speed Challenge #304 - Trash Collage
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.