FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras
Thread started 07 Jul 2003 (Monday) 22:30   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

Timo
Hatchling
Joined May 2003
2 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I just got a G3. The school that I go to at the student bookstore has Photoshop elements bundled with album for $79 or elements for $49. Are the two bundled together worth it or just get Elements alone. I can get Photoshop 7 for $299, but I just laid $out for the G3.

Post #1, Jul 07, 2003 22:30:40

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
Don ­ Ellis
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2001
1,538 posts
Hong Kong
[MORE/SHARE]

I know nothing about Album, so I'll jump right in here. :)

Photoshop Elements 2.0 is an excellent program and will likely be all you need to enhance your photos. If you ever decide to upgrade to the full version of Photoshop, you'll be right at home.

Album creates a scrapbook of photos on your computer. PC Magazine recently rated Album the best of seven programs in the "image management software" category. Naturally, this will take up more hard disk space -- something to consider.

So your main decision is, "Do I need photo albums of my pictures?" If you do, Album seems like a good choice at a good price. Having said that, you're paying $30 for Album with the package and it's available for very little more than that later if you want to defer the purchase (it retails for US$50).

Cheers,

Don

Post #2, Jul 07, 2003 23:05:35

SWinner
Hatchling
Joined Jul 2003
6 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I have both and like them. I'm not very adept with elements yet since I'm used to paint shop pro.

As for album, I really like it a lot. It does an excellent job of organizing your photos. I really like being able to e-mail smaller sized photos without having to resize them myself. It will also allow you to fix photos without having to launch elements or it will launch elements if you want it to. I also like the slideshows you can produce with it.

Post #3, Jul 09, 2003 10:18:56

simmonsrandal
Joined Oct 2001
205 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

i second that. Album is a really cool program!!!

Post #4, Jul 10, 2003 02:05:10

2Hog
Joined May 2003
63 posts
Shenandoah Valley, Va.
[MORE/SHARE]

I had Photoshop Elements 2 and also something over 2000 accumulated photos on my computer without a good plan for organizing them. Organizing two thousand photos in all sorts of categories is a daunting challenge.

Photoshop Album sort of saved the day in one evening.

Photoshop Elements 2 and Photoshop Album work very well together. Carpe Diem - buy both.

Post #5, Jul 10, 2003 08:13:59

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
caunt
Hatchling
Joined Aug 2003
5 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Shouldn't that be something along the lines of:

carpe duos

(don't know the proper case endings though :| )

Post #6, Aug 02, 2003 17:25:52

LIST NEARBY THREADS
2,166 views & 0 likes for this thread
photoshop elements/photoshop album?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES