Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Canon G-series Digital Cameras
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 7th of July 2003 (Mon)   #1
Timo

Default photoshop elements/photoshop album?

I just got a G3. The school that I go to at the student bookstore has Photoshop elements bundled with album for $79 or elements for $49. Are the two bundled together worth it or just get Elements alone. I can get Photoshop 7 for $299, but I just laid $out for the G3.
Timo is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 7th of July 2003 (Mon)   #2
Don Ellis

Default Re: photoshop elements/photoshop album?

I know nothing about Album, so I'll jump right in here.

Photoshop Elements 2.0 is an excellent program and will likely be all you need to enhance your photos. If you ever decide to upgrade to the full version of Photoshop, you'll be right at home.

Album creates a scrapbook of photos on your computer. PC Magazine recently rated Album the best of seven programs in the "image management software" category. Naturally, this will take up more hard disk space -- something to consider.

So your main decision is, "Do I need photo albums of my pictures?" If you do, Album seems like a good choice at a good price. Having said that, you're paying $30 for Album with the package and it's available for very little more than that later if you want to defer the purchase (it retails for US$50).

Cheers,

Don
Don Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th of July 2003 (Wed)   #3
SWinner

I have both and like them. I'm not very adept with elements yet since I'm used to paint shop pro.

As for album, I really like it a lot. It does an excellent job of organizing your photos. I really like being able to e-mail smaller sized photos without having to resize them myself. It will also allow you to fix photos without having to launch elements or it will launch elements if you want it to. I also like the slideshows you can produce with it.
SWinner is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 10th of July 2003 (Thu)   #4
simmonsrandal

i second that. Album is a really cool program!!!
simmonsrandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th of July 2003 (Thu)   #5
2Hog

I had Photoshop Elements 2 and also something over 2000 accumulated photos on my computer without a good plan for organizing them. Organizing two thousand photos in all sorts of categories is a daunting challenge.

Photoshop Album sort of saved the day in one evening.

Photoshop Elements 2 and Photoshop Album work very well together. Carpe Diem - buy both.
2Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd of August 2003 (Sat)   #6
caunt

Shouldn't that be something along the lines of:

carpe duos

(don't know the proper case endings though )
caunt is offline   Reply With Quote