Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories
Thread started 09 Nov 2013 (Saturday) 00:54
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Pecpads or Quikstrips for Copper Hill System?

Intheswamp
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2013
South Alabama
Nov 09, 2013 00:54 |  #1

I'm trying to figure out what type of lens and sensor cleaning kit to put together. I'm thinking of the basic kit from Copper Hill for the sensor. Does anyone have a preference when it comes down to choosing between Quikstrips and Pecpads? Seems the Quikstrips would be easier to use....no folding and supposedly doesn't block your vision as much as the Pecpads do. I would think that the Pecpads, since they're folded over, would be more cushioned. Thoughts, anyone?

Thanks!
Ed

www.beeweather.comexternal link

koala ­ yummies
Joined Oct 2008
Los Angeles
Nov 09, 2013 11:07 |  #2

I have used both and to be totally honest, I prefer the original pec pads. I also prefer the original two-swipe method (there and back) vs the full-sensor-height one-swipe swabs.

The original pec pads are just easier for me to consistently wrap them around the swab. With the quick strips the edges of the strips are close to the edges of the swab and I didn't feel as comfortable using them, nor could I get them on the swabs as consistently. This is just one opinion though. One other reason I prefer the pec pads is they are more universally available, I can get them from Copper Hill, B&H, or local stores like Samys and Calumet, the quick strips I've only seen from Copper Hill.

flickrexternal link

Intheswamp
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2013
South Alabama
Nov 09, 2013 17:57 as a reply to koala yummies's post |  #3

Thanks for the reply. What you've said makes sense. I was a bit concerned about the corners/edges of the wand nudging out from within the quikstrips. I haven't ruled out the CH route, but I'm leaning more to swabs. I think I'm beginning to get OCD about this... ;)

Ed

www.beeweather.comexternal link

Tdragone
Goldmember
2,188 posts
Joined Sep 2004
San Diego, California
Nov 21, 2013 00:59 |  #4

I still have my original sensor swipe that I bought when I learned about sensor dust on my 300D. 7 or 8 cameras later and I JUST finished my first package of Pec Pads and bought a second package. I too prefer the pec pads over quikstrips. I can cover the sensor on my Mk iv in 2 passes.

-Tom Dragonetti
Spyder Holster + 1Dmk IV, 50D, G11
10-22, 16-35 2.8Lii, , 24-70 2.8Lii, 50mm 1.4,
70-200 2.8Lii IS, 100-400L IS
1.4x TC, 580EX ii, ST-E2

1,006 views & 0 likes for this thread
Pecpads or Quikstrips for Copper Hill System?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.