Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > RAW, Post Processing and Printing
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd of November 2013 (Sat)   #1
Methodical
Cream of the Crop

Default Perfectly Clear by Anthentech Imaging plug in for LR?

Has anyone heard of Perfectly Clear by Athentech Imaging? Has anyone used this plug in with lightroom? I did a search and found 1 post, but it's from 2007 and it only talked about the release of this software. I've read This Review of the Product, but it doesn't go into much details, other than before and after photos - maybe that's as good as it gets. But, I'm trying to get others input, too. Is it is easy or difficult to use, what issues, if any, has anyone experience, etc. If you've used it or heard about, can you provide some insights on this technology?. I'd appreciate it.

Thanks...Al
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Last edited by Methodical : 23rd of November 2013 (Sat) at 08:54.
Methodical is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 24th of November 2013 (Sun)   #2
Picture North Carolina
Gaaaaa! DOH!! Oops!

Default Re: Perfectly Clear by Anthentech Imaging plug in for LR?

My first (and last) use of PC was in Bibble, probably along about the 2007 you quote. Then it did a decent job of tweaking photos, but unfortunately at that time it was only available in that terrible raw converter. I remember writing the company and they replied they had plans of releasing a stand-alone version, but I never went back to it to try it. Because it had potential then, if it is now available as a stand-alone (app or plugin in PS), I would certainly give a trial install a test.
Picture North Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th of November 2013 (Sun)   #3
JVthePT

It is included in the PSP X6 software and I use it regularly. I really, really like it for it's ease of use and nice results with portraits and even landscapes.
I know that doesn't help you with LR, but I do know the current version works very nicely.

www.flickr.com/photos/jvthept/
JVthePT is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 24th of November 2013 (Sun)   #4
PixelMagic
Cream of the Crop

I have both Perfectly Clear plug-ins for Lightroom and Photoshop but I rarely ever use the Lightroom plug-in. I very much prefer to use the Photoshop plug-in because I can create a stamped layer with all my edits, then apply Perfectly Clear, and vary the effect by using the Fade command and/or Layer Opacity.

It is quite simple to use but since I generally would have done some basic editing to my raw files in Lightroom before sending them to Photoshop, I find that even the default preset is too strong and duplicates some of the editing already in LR/ACR like Clarity. Of course you can also create and save your own Perfectly Clear presets.

I use it mainly when I have to get proofs out in a hurry; otherwise I prefer to edit each photo manually. In my opinion the default presets give you the look you'd get when printing at Walmart or pharmacies and having their printers auto adjust your photos. That not what I generally go for so I tend to limit its use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methodical View Post
Has anyone heard of Perfectly Clear by Athentech Imaging? Has anyone used this plug in with lightroom? I did a search and found 1 post, but it's from 2007 and it only talked about the release of this software. I've read This Review of the Product, but it doesn't go into much details, other than before and after photos - maybe that's as good as it gets. But, I'm trying to get others input, too. Is it is easy or difficult to use, what issues, if any, has anyone experience, etc. If you've used it or heard about, can you provide some insights on this technology?. I'd appreciate it.

Thanks...Al

Last edited by PixelMagic : 24th of November 2013 (Sun) at 11:25.
PixelMagic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th of November 2013 (Sun)   #5
Methodical
Cream of the Crop

Thanks for the input everyone. I may give the the trial version a run to see what I get. I would use it mainly for my sports images. I don't do much editing to them, but if this could do the same or similar to my edits, it would save me time.

Thanks...Al
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"
Methodical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th of November 2013 (Mon)   #6
WesternGuy

I used the trial version a few months ago and decided that it would be fine for someone who shoots jpegs, or who shoots raw, and doesn't want to spend a lot of time in "develop mode". I tend to like to spend time in processing my images and I found that it repeats a lot of what I already do in Lightroom and some of the Lightroom plugins (Nik, onOne, Topaz), so I didn't buy it. Try it, it doesn't cost anything and you can then decide if it is for you.

WesternGuy
WesternGuy is offline   Reply With Quote