Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting
Thread started 23 Nov 2013 (Saturday) 11:16
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

First OCF setup...Yongnuo YN-568EX or YN-568EXII?

Intheswamp
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2013
South Alabama
Nov 23, 2013 11:16 |  #1

I'm going to be trying a single off camera flash setup before long. I currently have a Yongnuo 468II and have a couple of 622C triggers ordered along with a umbrella reflector.

I'd like to get a stronger flash for the main OCF and I'm considering the 568EX or 568EX-II. Is there any notable difference between the two or should I simply go with the newer "II" version?

I also have the 565EX on my list, but the HSS of the 568 is attractive....definite​ly a difference in price, though.

I've read of issues with the door tabs breaking on the 568 and that Yongnuo has supposedly corrected this issue. Due to this I'll probably hold off buying until some of the current inventory is used up in hopes that I'll get an updated one.

So, if I go with the 568 series should I opt for the EX or EXII? Man they have a bunch of models to pick through!!!!! :confused:

Thanks,
Ed

www.beeweather.comexternal link

DBNissan
Joined Mar 2010
NorCal's Delta Valley
Nov 23, 2013 11:41 |  #2

They are exactly the same except the II has added Master control for the Canon optic system.

If you want to save a little, check out the YN500ex. It's their version of the 430exII

~Dan 6D | 80D | 50D | S120 | 24-105 f/4L | 17-55mm f/2.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 50mm f/1.8 STM | 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM | Sigma 8mm f/3.5 | Tamron 18-270mm VC | Tamron 70-300mm VC | Tamron C-AF BBAR MC7 2xTC | 580EXII | 430EXII | YN-500EX | YN-622C | Flashpoint RoveLight 600 | Sony a6500 | 18-105mm f/4 G | Sigma MC-11 | Godox TT685S | Godox X1T-S
www.DBNphotography.com (external link)

gremlin75
Goldmember
Joined Feb 2011
Detroit, MI
Nov 23, 2013 12:31 |  #3

Since you're getting the 622c's you will not need the master control that the 568exII offers.

As well as the battery door issue the 568exII also has an exposure issue when bouncing. This is something that,last I heard, yongnuo his not correcting.

Persoanly I'd just get the 568ex since you do not need a master flash.

Intheswamp
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2013
South Alabama
Nov 23, 2013 12:42 as a reply to DBNissan's post |  #4

Looking at the specs the 500EX appears to be only a little weaker than the 568EX so it is an option...right now I've got an offer in on an early version 568EX (not the II), so I'll see how that goes.

Ed

Intheswamp
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2013
South Alabama
Nov 23, 2013 12:44 |  #5

gremlin75 wrote in post #16474442external link
Since you're getting the 622c's you will not need the master control that the 568exII offers.

As well as the battery door issue the 568exII also has an exposure issue when bouncing. This is something that,last I heard, yongnuo his not correcting.

Persoanly I'd just get the 568ex since you do not need a master flash.

My research must be getting better...I posted my last message (had it in the editor for a while) and once it posted I saw your message. What you wrote is what nudged toward the EX rather than the EX II. Thanks for the confirmation!!! :)

Ed

1,443 views & 0 likes for this thread
First OCF setup...Yongnuo YN-568EX or YN-568EXII?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.