FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories
Thread started 17 Dec 2013 (Tuesday) 11:18   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

Rainyday
Joined Aug 2005
942 posts
Texas, USA
[MORE/SHARE]

I've got a Tamron 200-500 that is about 9 inches in length. I love it but it's a monster and few of my camera bags will hold it. What camera bag would be a good choice for a Canon 7D with a shorter lens mounted and carrying the Tamron? All I'd be carrying is the two lenses, the camera and some peripherals. (I know. I should carry a tripod, too but oh, how I hate carrying a tripod. I usually lean against a tree, against a fence, car door, whatever.

Thanks!

Post #1, Dec 17, 2013 11:18:44

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
johnf3f
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2010
1,855 posts
Wales
[MORE/SHARE]

There are quite a number of bags/backpacks that would fit the bill. Have a look at the Lowepro Vertex 200, it will easily fit your gear and allow room for the inevitable expansion.

Post #2, Dec 17, 2013 15:48:29

Life is for living, cameras are to capture it (one day I will learn how!).

sawsedge
Joined Dec 2011
541 posts
United States
[MORE/SHARE]

Do you plan to hike far with this gear? I use a Loka backpack (by F-stop) with a large ICU (internal camera unit - the padded part of the backpack) for my 100-400, which sounds similarly sized to your Tamron. I can actually fit it attached in a medium with the hood reversed, but I leave the hood on in the large ICU. The large ICU is 14" long. The Loka has an internal frame, good padding, and keeps the weight on my hips. I've had it fully loaded and walked all day without any complaints (my feet get sore long before my back).

Post #3, Dec 19, 2013 12:52:53

- John

LIST NEARBY THREADS
458 views & 0 likes for this thread
Camera bag for super telephoto?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES