Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Performing Arts Talk 
Thread started 27 Jan 2014 (Monday) 10:04
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM ?

PMGphotog
342 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Jan 27, 2014 10:04 |  #1

Has anyone here used this lens for live band shoots? Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM

Finally I have the funds for a new body and I'm opting for the 60d. I can just about afford the above lens at a push. I've had a look here and on Flickr to see actual shots but also have read mixed reviews about issues with focus in low light. So if anyone has actually used this lens I'd appreciate any feedback.

Cheers.

Canon EOS 1000d /60d : 18-55mm IS kit lens. Canon 50mm 1.8 MK2. Tamron 55-200mm F4-5.6, battery grip to make my cam look pro..and 30mm Sigma F1.4 recently added
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/patmcguire2011/ (external link)

D ­ 550D
404 posts
Joined Feb 2011

May 11, 2014 13:19 |  #2

I have it and it's great for concerts if the focal length suits you. Very sharp, nice colors, lets in A LOT of light. However mine sometimes has issues with focusing at wide open when subjects are a bit further away. Hard to tell if the lens or the low light is to blame.

And by the way: You will get more response by posting in the Lens section of this forum when you are asking about glass.

http://domenulbl.blogs​pot.com/ (external link)
550D|Sigma 18-35 1.8 Art|Sigma EX 70-200 OS|Nifty Fifty|Samyang 85 1.4|430 EX II|

MichaelLynn
253 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Feb 2013

Jul 26, 2014 15:59 |  #3

I love Mine!!!

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Michael Lynn JR.
www.mljlive.com (external link)

MaximumRock
Mostly Lurking
11 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Jan 17, 2015 10:07 |  #4

it sounds pretty good.. anyone with a Canon 16-35mm 2.8 II that can compare it to this one?

Website http://www.legendaryro​ckinterviews.com (external link)
Gear: Canon 5D MK II - Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8l USM - Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM - Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM - Canon 480ex II Flash

D ­ 550D
404 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Feb 03, 2015 15:56 |  #5

Had 18-35 for a year, shot some concerts and I doubt you will find a better lens in that focal length range. Period. 16-35 might be a hair wider but not to the point of changing anything, its iq however IQ however tends to be lower

http://domenulbl.blogs​pot.com/ (external link)
550D|Sigma 18-35 1.8 Art|Sigma EX 70-200 OS|Nifty Fifty|Samyang 85 1.4|430 EX II|

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

5,074 views & 0 likes for this thread
Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM ?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Performing Arts Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.