Looking for some advice on this:
The AF on my Sigma 17-50mm, f2.8 is broken (keeps oscillating but not finding the focus)
My options are:
(1) send the Sigma in for repair / estimate
(2) keep it as a manual focus backup and get another lens to bridge the gap, covering approx 24-55 or more
If you recommend (2), which lens should I get?
- I'm a non-pro and usually shoot events (non-flash indoors, outdoors), street, architecture, holiday/landscape.
- I'm not planning to go full frame.
- I very much like the f2.8 aperture across the whole range of the Sigma
- My budget might stretch at the outside to €700 / $900 - though less would be preferable, leaving room for a future buy (40mm pancake perhaps)
What are your thoughts on this?