Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > The POTN Lounge
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th of February 2006 (Thu)   #1
MDJAK
...the definition of a noob

Default Off Today to Viva Las Vegas

Well, my bags are packed, I'm ready to go. Threw a bunch of clothes in suitcase, carefully wrapped tripod in the center.

Camera backpack took much longer to pack. Didn't want to bring everything as it gets too heavy. Agonized, took stuff, closed the bag, opened the bag, took some out, but other stuff in.

After all is said and done, left home the 70-200 f2.8IS. Got the 100-400 for Christmas and wanted to use that. Left the 135 f2 home. Got that for christmas, but didn't think I'd use it. Took the 24-70 f2.8L as a mainstay all purpose. Almost left the 100 f2.8 macro home, but am going to Red Rock Canyon and thought I might miss it. Barely used it in Hawaii last year, as the flowers were continually blowing. Took my 17-40 for landscapes. Got my CP in a new filter holder I bought at B&H. Left my Epson P4000 home. I almost never use it anymore. Brought my IBM Stinkpad instead.

Planning on taking a lot of the desert, canyon lands, Lake Mead and perhaps Hoover Dam. Tired of the same old Strip shots.

I'll post when I get back.

mark
MDJAK is online now   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 9th of February 2006 (Thu)   #2
In2Photos
Archive Keeper

Default Re: Off Today to Viva Las Vegas

Have fun, its been a while since i have been there.

In2Photos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th of February 2006 (Thu)   #3
Tom W
Canon Fanosapien

That'll be a great trip. Last time I went, it was for a job interview. The time prior to that, it was to gamble. Next time, it will be to practice photography.

You can't go wrong with the 17-40, 24-70, and 70-200. That's a lot of flexibility there. The only thing missing is a fast prime.
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 9th of February 2006 (Thu)   #4
Tsmith
Formerly known as Bluedog_XT

Have fun _ the wife and myself have been to Vegas/Grand Canyon the last two years so been there done that. Heading to Sequoia and Yosemite this time.

Canon EOS 7D | Canon EF-S 10-22mm | Canon 17-40mm f/4L | Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS
Canon PowerShot S95
MY PBASE GALLERY
Tsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th of February 2006 (Fri)   #5
Gordon S.

My wife and I are headed to Vegas for the second time next month. My first with the XT. Looking forward to some shooting in Red Rocks/Valley of Fire.