Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > The POTN Lounge
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th of February 2006 (Sat)   #1
rwenglish1

Default Need Help, an Ideas

I posted a picture and comments on another forum. I got some negetive responses, one from in Japan, and one from UK. Within a day or two, I can no longer open my pictures or web site, or single web pages I use to post pictures. I have called my domain host, no problems, I have called AOL, and the tech could not find anything wrong. I explained farther, the tech asked permission to access the web site through my computer, and agreed there was a problem, but did not know what and sent the complaint farther up the latter. I am still waiting to see what they find. Now I could go to Internet Explorer, and view all pages no problem, I told the tech this, they went and looked and agreed. But now today, I can't access through Internet Explorer, and now I can not access my FTP site.
I downloaded a program from the Kim Kamando site, it appears I have a registry problem. After all my photos, or web pages, is ( invalid registry Path )

Has anyone ever had this problem or heard of it?
Canon 1D-Canon 20D - POTN Strap - Canon 25mm macro extension tube - Canon EF 1.4-Canon 77mm 500D-Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM - Canon EF 100-300mm marco f/5.6 L - Canon EF 400mm f/5.6 L USM- Canon EF 80-200 f2.8 L-Canon EF-S17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM - Canon 580X flash
rwenglish1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 11th of February 2006 (Sat)   #2
Pekka
El General Moderator

Default Re: Need Help, an Ideas

AFAIK AOL browser is a not the original IE, but tweaked for their use.

Download Firefox from http://www.mozilla.com/ and try that. Also, try to renew your IP (shut down modem for few minutes), perhaps the IP that has been handled to you dynamically is blocked as spam ip.

Once I had similar problems and it was found to be a failing ADSL modem.

PS. what you do on this site has no effect on your browser or net connection. Only thing I can think of is that your linked images' server might have bandwith overflow because of the views from this site.

----------------------------

Last edited by Pekka : 11th of February 2006 (Sat) at 14:25.
Pekka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th of February 2006 (Sat)   #3
StevenRaith

Default Re: Need Help, an Ideas

Pekka is correct - although FireFox is a better solution overall for web browsing than anything AOL has every shoddily knocked together IMHO.

I have had problems simialr to that, and going to the command prompt [Start --> Run...--> CMD <return>] and entering the command
IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS

has helped. Clears the local DNS cache that soemtimes gets a bit messed up - or so I was told by someone, anyway.

You should get a screen with te hfollowing on it once done:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scabby windows command prompt, bring back Dos 6.22
"Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Steven>ipconfig /flushdns

Windows IP Configuration

Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

C:\Documents and Settings\Steven>"
Otherwise, do the normal tricks of getting good antispyware software, good av software and generally taking care with what you download and run.

Antispyware bits:
MS Antispyware
Adaware Personal Edition
Spybot Search and Destroy

I'd only ever used one free AV solution, and that is Free AV - possibly the best free antivirus solution I have ever seen. No license gumph, no 'I have found a virus, but you have to register to remove it" crap, just a good, light, powerful AV tool.
Clicky fo' Free AV

Woopsy, bit of an IT security based rant there. Don't mind me
StevenRaith is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member