Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Photo Sharing' section > Performing Arts
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th of February 2006 (Thu)   #16
DwightMcCann
so, what are we talking about?

Default Re: Live in Concert: Avenged Sevenfold

Ears, I'm afraid to look! I've looked at some of that myspace stuff and it is WEIRD!

Well, that was a mistake ... I watched their video and now I won't be able to sleep for a week ... although I found the girl in red very attractive ... until she bit me, sigh, gurgle.

Last edited by DwightMcCann : 16th of February 2006 (Thu) at 11:51.
DwightMcCann is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 16th of February 2006 (Thu)   #17
earplugsrequired

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwightMcCann
Ears, I'm afraid to look! I've looked at some of that myspace stuff and it is WEIRD!

Well, that was a mistake ... I watched their video and now I won't be able to sleep for a week ... although I found the girl in red very attractive ... until she bit me, sigh, gurgle.
Dwight you make me laugh. I do love that video. I love that the harlot gets it in the end.. Listen to the music. I love the guitar playing in it, it's what drew me to it.
earplugsrequired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th of February 2006 (Thu)   #18
shakin360

How was the show, they're playing around here in may I think with Coheed & Cambria. I've been thinking about going. I have their last 3 cds and C&C's latest. Just wondering how they are live.
shakin360 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 16th of February 2006 (Thu)   #19
earplugsrequired

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakin360
How was the show, they're playing around here in may I think with Coheed & Cambria. I've been thinking about going. I have their last 3 cds and C&C's latest. Just wondering how they are live.
Yeah they will be in Milwaukee at Eagle's Ballroom. Go see them. That's a co-headlining tour so once the tour starts so I'm not sure who is closing which nights on the tour. Either way, it's going to be a great show. a7x puts on a great show and I know that for the show here recently everyone had a great time. Me, I spent my time in the bar during some of the opening bands..
Old 17th of February 2006 (Fri)   #20
shakin360

Now if I could only shoot the show that would be awesome!
shakin360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th of February 2006 (Fri)   #21
earplugsrequired

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakin360
Now if I could only shoot the show that would be awesome!
Are you affiliated with any publication? Find a local one and have them send in a request. I'll be covering them again out here on the same tour..
Old 17th of February 2006 (Fri)   #22
Shabookie

One day I hope to be half as good as you!
Your shots have so much color, mood, and action.....
Great shots.
Shabookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th of February 2006 (Fri)   #23
earplugsrequired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabookie
One day I hope to be half as good as you!
Your shots have so much color, mood, and action.....
Great shots.
Thanks for the compliment. Most of that comes seriously from the artist and their lighting guy. I'm just there to capture the moment. Not to make light of what we do though. I think with concert photography there is a lot to say about knowing the subject. I love this band and having seen them before I know some of how they act on stage and am able to follow that to be able to get some of these shots ie the two guitarists together. It's the same as with some of the bands that I know when I shoot them multiple times the second and third time is always better than the first. I learn the lighting sequences and how they are on stage. I can say that when shooting singers I look to see how they hold the mic and if they tend to use one hand over the other so i can position myself accordingly.
Old 19th of February 2006 (Sun)   #24
marathon

nice photos... i'm getting into concert photography too and have learned a few things from this forum. ooh, and i might get to see avenged sevenfold in milano on the 28th! it all depends on whether i'm broke or not...

marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th of June 2006 (Mon)   #25
woman4life

I like the drummer shot. And drummer shots are the hardest to get, imo.
woman4life is offline   Reply With Quote