Thread started 15 Feb 2006 (Wednesday) 15:00   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

DwightMcCann
so, what are we talking about?
Joined Feb 2005
21,311 posts
Buellton, California, USA
[MORE/SHARE]

Ears, I'm afraid to look! I've looked at some of that myspace stuff and it is WEIRD!

Well, that was a mistake ... I watched their video and now I won't be able to sleep for a week ... although I found the girl in red very attractive ... until she bit me, sigh, gurgle.

Post #16, Feb 16, 2006 11:46:21

Dwight McCann
Websiteexternal link - Facebookexternal link
Gear List - Concert FAQ - My Small Studio
How I Got Into This Businesshttp://photography-on-the.net ...p?p=13157388#post13​157388

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
earplugsrequired
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jan 2006
230 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

DwightMcCann wrote:
Ears, I'm afraid to look! I've looked at some of that myspace stuff and it is WEIRD!

Well, that was a mistake ... I watched their video and now I won't be able to sleep for a week ... although I found the girl in red very attractive ... until she bit me, sigh, gurgle.

Dwight you make me laugh. I do love that video. I love that the harlot gets it in the end.. Listen to the music. I love the guitar playing in it, it's what drew me to it.

Post #17, Feb 16, 2006 15:16:14 as a reply to DwightMcCann's post 3 hours earlier.

shakin360
Joined Sep 2005
665 posts
Kenosha, WI
[MORE/SHARE]

How was the show, they're playing around here in may I think with Coheed & Cambria. I've been thinking about going. I have their last 3 cds and C&C's latest. Just wondering how they are live.

Post #18, Feb 16, 2006 16:53:02

www.myspace.com/aophot​ographyexternal link
http://www.modelmayhem​.com/member.php?id=121​511external linkhttp://www.modelmayhem​.com/aophotoexternal link
www.photokenosha.comexternal link

earplugsrequired
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jan 2006
230 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

shakin360 wrote:
How was the show, they're playing around here in may I think with Coheed & Cambria. I've been thinking about going. I have their last 3 cds and C&C's latest. Just wondering how they are live.

Yeah they will be in Milwaukee at Eagle's Ballroom. Go see them. That's a co-headlining tour so once the tour starts so I'm not sure who is closing which nights on the tour. Either way, it's going to be a great show. a7x puts on a great show and I know that for the show here recently everyone had a great time. Me, I spent my time in the bar during some of the opening bands..

Post #19, Feb 16, 2006 18:47:49 as a reply to shakin360's post 1 hour earlier.

shakin360
Joined Sep 2005
665 posts
Kenosha, WI
[MORE/SHARE]

Now if I could only shoot the show that would be awesome!

Post #20, Feb 17, 2006 16:46:51

www.myspace.com/aophot​ographyexternal link
http://www.modelmayhem​.com/member.php?id=121​511external linkhttp://www.modelmayhem​.com/aophotoexternal link
www.photokenosha.comexternal link

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
earplugsrequired
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jan 2006
230 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

shakin360 wrote:
Now if I could only shoot the show that would be awesome!

Are you affiliated with any publication? Find a local one and have them send in a request. I'll be covering them again out here on the same tour..

Post #21, Feb 17, 2006 17:43:11 as a reply to shakin360's post 56 minutes earlier.

Shabookie
Joined Jul 2003
128 posts
Fort Worth, TX
[MORE/SHARE]

One day I hope to be half as good as you!
Your shots have so much color, mood, and action.....
Great shots.

Post #22, Feb 17, 2006 20:38:58 as a reply to earplugsrequired's post 2 hours earlier.

Body: Canon a70, Canon 20d. Lens: Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM, Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM, Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM, Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM, Canon EF 1.4x II Extender. Flash: CANON SPEEDLITE 580EX, Canon MR-14EX Macro Ring.

earplugsrequired
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jan 2006
230 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Shabookie wrote:
One day I hope to be half as good as you!
Your shots have so much color, mood, and action.....
Great shots.

Thanks for the compliment. Most of that comes seriously from the artist and their lighting guy. I'm just there to capture the moment. Not to make light of what we do though. I think with concert photography there is a lot to say about knowing the subject. I love this band and having seen them before I know some of how they act on stage and am able to follow that to be able to get some of these shots ie the two guitarists together. It's the same as with some of the bands that I know when I shoot them multiple times the second and third time is always better than the first. I learn the lighting sequences and how they are on stage. I can say that when shooting singers I look to see how they hold the mic and if they tend to use one hand over the other so i can position myself accordingly.

Post #23, Feb 17, 2006 23:27:47 as a reply to Shabookie's post 2 hours earlier.

marathon
Joined Dec 2005
143 posts
Milan, Italy
[MORE/SHARE]

nice photos... i'm getting into concert photography too and have learned a few things from this forum. ooh, and i might get to see avenged sevenfold in milano on the 28th! it all depends on whether i'm broke or not... :)

Post #24, Feb 19, 2006 10:38:06

canon 600D : canon 5D mark II : tamron 28-75mm f2.8 : mc zenitar 16mm f2.8 fisheye : canon efs 10-22mm : carl zeiss jena 35mm f2.4 : canon 50mm f1.8 : super takumar 50mm f1.4 : SMC takumar 50mm f.14 : jupiter 37A 135mm f3.5 : pentacon 200mm f4 : tamron 70-300mm VC

woman4life
Joined Jun 2006
394 posts
Northern UT
[MORE/SHARE]

I like the drummer shot. :) And drummer shots are the hardest to get, imo.

Post #25, Jun 19, 2006 00:03:43

LIST NEARBY THREADS
16,603 views & 0 likes for this thread
Live in Concert: Avenged Sevenfold
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Performing Arts

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES