Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Thread started 15 Sep 2014 (Monday) 11:20
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

-= 7D2 owners unite! Discuss and post photos!

jwcdds
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2004
Santa Monica, CA
Post has been edited over 2 years ago by jwcdds.
Sep 22, 2015 12:00 as a reply to post 17717370 |  #6391

You could probably very easily photoshop the guy out from the back. You have a fairly uniformed background from the bleachers/seating area of the stadium that some "content-aware" fill might do the trick for you. Or a copy and paste.

I just did a rough copy/paste edit on my computer here at work, but I only have CS-4 and doesn't have content-aware fill option. My home computer has the more updated version of photoshop to do that better. Came out okay. But I don't know if you had allowed for image editing so I'm not posting the image to demonstrate the result (though I'd be more than happy to if you're interested in seeing).

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
My Review | "The Mighty One" (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

sponsored links
Pondrader
"now I'm no rocket scientist but I do get a shot or two"
Joined Aug 2012
Minden, Ontario, Canada
Post has been edited over 2 years ago by Pondrader.
Sep 22, 2015 12:12 as a reply to post 17717370 |  #6392

Awesome Doc,

Julian sometimes its just not worth the effort when your just posting to the page

Jeff ........7D Mark II, 7D, 70-300L, 100-400LII
flickr (external link)

McNeese72
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2007
Sulphur, La
Sep 22, 2015 12:13 |  #6393

jwcdds wrote in post #17717435 (external link)
You could probably very easily photoshop the guy out from the back. You have a fairly uniformed background from the bleachers/seating area of the stadium that some "content-aware" fill might do the trick for you. Or a copy and paste.

I just did a rough copy/paste edit on my computer here at work, but I only have CS-4 and doesn't have content-aware fill option. My home computer has the more updated version of photoshop to do that better. Came out okay. But I don't know if you had allowed for image editing so I'm not posting the image to demonstrate the result (though I'd be more than happy to if you're interested in seeing).

I've got editing is okay in the last line of my gear list but nobody can notice it. I need to find a place to put it where it is more noticable.

I thought about doing that in Photoshop CC but right now I just don't have time to make the effort. Maybe later this week before the next game.

Doc

Canon EOS 20D | 1 7D gripped | 2 7D2's gripped | EF 70-200 F2.8 L IS | EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II USM | EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM | EF 50 F1.8 | Sigma 17-50 F2.8 OS | Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM | Canon Extender EF 2x III | Editing of photos is okay.

Doc's Shots (external link) USMMcNeese72 Flickr Page (external link)

jwcdds
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2004
Santa Monica, CA
Sep 22, 2015 12:16 as a reply to Pondrader's post |  #6394

I guess I need to ask you for clarification on your response. Were you simply telling me that my response was pointless/useless and that I shouldn't have responded? Or...?

The previous version of POTN had "image editing" right under the avatars, which allowed fellow POTN members to edit and repost other people's images. I wanted to check with Doc and get his approval before I repost my edited version of his image.

Perhaps I misread your statement but seems like you were saying I'm merely posting for the sake of fluffing my post-count or something.

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

digital ­ paradise
Cream of the Crop
12,110 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Oct 2009
Sep 22, 2015 12:17 |  #6395

I used to do a lot of that and got pretty good at it. I was learning PS when it was less sophisticated. Now the cut and paste stuff is better.

It was a lot of work. I'll never do it again :-)

IMAGE: http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d74/Zenon1/_MG_6411.jpg~original

IMAGE: http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d74/Zenon1/Whoa-1.jpg~original

Image Editing OK

Website (external link) ~ Buy/Sell Feedback

McNeese72
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2007
Sulphur, La
Sep 22, 2015 12:18 |  #6396

Pondrader wrote in post #17717445 (external link)
Awesome Doc,

Julian sometimes its just not worth the effort when your just posting to the page

That and when you have a ton of captures of the tailgaing, band, cheerleaders, fans, and the game to wade through there is not enough time to pay special attention to each photo. Now if there is one that is an outstanding shot and could use a little improving, then I will try to make it even better. I shoot Raw and I do a lot of batch processing in LR CC with my sports photos.

Doc

Canon EOS 20D | 1 7D gripped | 2 7D2's gripped | EF 70-200 F2.8 L IS | EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II USM | EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM | EF 50 F1.8 | Sigma 17-50 F2.8 OS | Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM | Canon Extender EF 2x III | Editing of photos is okay.

jwcdds
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2004
Santa Monica, CA
Post has been last edited over 2 years ago by jwcdds. 2 edits done in total.
Sep 22, 2015 12:20 as a reply to McNeese72's post |  #6397

quick edit attached (i hope i did it right)

Just a quick/rough edit. I'm sure with the original and the full rez, you can get much better results but it was a sloppy 1 minute edit on my part. :)

** edit ** I just noticed I left the guy's right shoulder behind. :lol:

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Julian

Pondrader
Joined Aug 2012
Minden, Ontario, Canada
Sep 22, 2015 12:20 as a reply to McNeese72's post |  #6398

Thats it right there, sometimes life gets in the way

flickr (external link)

McNeese72
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2007
Sulphur, La
Sep 22, 2015 12:52 |  #6399

jwcdds wrote in post #17717454 (external link)
quick edit attached (i hope i did it right)

Just a quick/rough edit. I'm sure with the original and the full rez, you can get much better results but it was a sloppy 1 minute edit on my part. :)

** edit ** I just noticed I left the guy's right shoulder behind. :lol:
thumbnailHosted photo: posted by jwcdds in
./showthread.php?p=177​17454&i=i155297571
forum: Canon EOS Digital Cameras

Thanks. I'll play with it one evening when I have more time.

Doc

McNeese72
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2007
Sulphur, La
Sep 22, 2015 12:55 |  #6400

jwcdds wrote in post #17717447 (external link)
Perhaps I misread your statement but seems like you were saying I'm merely posting for the sake of fluffing my post-count or something.

I don't think, Jeff, was meaning it like that.

Doc

Pondrader
Joined Aug 2012
Minden, Ontario, Canada
Sep 22, 2015 13:28 as a reply to McNeese72's post |  #6401

Ya I'm not an aggressive kind a guy, although some would say I post aggressively lol. I know I shoot aggressively I've been known to black out with my shutter hammering down at 10fs lol. .....Kidding....never blacked out in my life. I don't think anyway

flickr (external link)

jwcdds
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2004
Santa Monica, CA
Sep 22, 2015 13:36 |  #6402

McNeese72 wrote in post #17717517 (external link)
I don't think, Jeff, was meaning it like that.

Doc

Pondrader wrote in post #17717550 (external link)
Ya I'm not an aggressive kind a guy, although some would say I post aggressively lol. I know I shoot aggressively I've been known to black out with my shutter hammering down at 10fs lol. .....Kidding....never blacked out in my life. I don't think anyway

Hence, I wanted to ask for clarification on the comment. It would seem that I most definitely misread your statement, Jeff. I finally got what you were saying, basically noting that if "we" are just quickly posting to POTN, we sometimes don't have the time nor care to in the time to do heaving editing. And you were just describing to me what Doc most likely chose to (or not to) do with regards to his image.

Thanks for clearing up my confusion. :)

Julian

Pondrader
Joined Aug 2012
Minden, Ontario, Canada
Sep 22, 2015 13:43 as a reply to jwcdds's post |  #6403

It's no problem really, everyone that post regular are kinda like friends that we have never met if that makes sense. I mean there not that many guys I would send $12,000 to the second I win the loto lol. But there are some on here.

flickr (external link)

daverator
My title stinks!
Joined Sep 2014
NE Montana
Sep 22, 2015 13:48 |  #6404

Pondrader wrote in post #17717572 (external link)
It's no problem really, everyone that post regular are kinda like friends that we have never met if that makes sense. I mean there not that many guys I would send $12,000 to the second I win the loto lol. But there are some on here.

Me too! By the way, thanks in advance Jeff!:lol:

Dave
7D gripped l T3i gripped | EFS-IS 18-55mm | EFS-IS II 55-250mm | EF 50mm 1.8 II l Tamron 150-600mm | Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 vc

Pondrader
Joined Aug 2012
Minden, Ontario, Canada
Sep 22, 2015 13:56 as a reply to daverator's post |  #6405

No problem Dave, Its a 400mm 2.8 and a hand shake

flickr (external link)

sponsored links

4,014,735 views & 77697 likes for this thread
-= 7D2 owners unite! Discuss and post photos!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.