Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner
Thread started 22 Sep 2014 (Monday) 19:31
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Sunday afternoon fun

Galix
Joined May 2013
Sep 22, 2014 19:31 |  #1

Like many, I have been a long-time lurker in the forums here. I have seen many awesome pictures here, in the critique corner, and wanted at times to give some input, but felt it would be best for me to post some pictures before writing comments on other's work.

Last Sunday was a typical autumn day: rainy, windy and quite unpleasant as a whole. So we decided to make the best of it and do a photo shoot indoor, which turned out to be very pleasant! Of course, after the "official" shoot, she wanted pictures of her and the dog...

They are all yours to comment, thanks in advance!

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Andrew ­ Moline
24 posts
Joined Sep 2014
Colorado
Sep 22, 2014 22:06 |  #2

I like both of them, as they are very nice moments.

Watch yourself when losing catchlights in the eyes. No catchlights, no life in eyes. A reflector fill or some sort of rim light would help you.

Your backdrop color works nicely with the girl's hair and the color of the dog; however, especially in the first, you could use a little more subject-background separation.

Some of it feels a little "posed," maybe. It's always tough with kids, but I always make a fool of myself to get them to laugh or do something unexpected but natural. I like the moments as it is, but just something to play around with.

Again, nice shots.

Martin ­ Dixon
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2009
Ealing
Sep 23, 2014 07:19 |  #3

^^ +1

flickrexternal link Editing OKexternal link

joedlh
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2007
Long Island, NY, N. America, Sol III, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Cluster, Laniakea.
Sep 23, 2014 07:59 |  #4

White balance seems a little on the amber side. See how you like it if you cool them down a little.

Joe
Gear: Kodak Instamatic, Polaroid Swinger. Oh you meant gear now. :rolleyes:
http://photo.joedlh.ne​texternal link
Editing ok

627 views & 0 likes for this thread
Sunday afternoon fun
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.