Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing
Thread started 10 Oct 2014 (Friday) 02:16
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Hoya BlueControl and editing

Reiep
Joined Oct 2009
Orléans, France / Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Oct 10, 2014 02:16 |  #1

Hello everyone,

Time to change my glasses! Working as a developer 8-10 hours a day + my photo stuff after, I was thinking about getting Hoya's BlueControlexternal link lenses. I'm afraid however it might affect the color rendering on the screen, and therefore put a risk on my edits. Any feedback?

Thanks!

Website (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Flickr (external link) | 500px (external link) | Gear

BigAl007
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2010
Repps cum Bastwick, Gt Yarmouth, Norfolk, UK.
Oct 10, 2014 11:14 |  #2

Grab a couple of old skylight 1A filters and tape the over you glasses lenses. Should do the trick!

Alan

My Flickr (external link)
My new Aviation images blog site (external link)

Redcrown
316 posts
Joined Dec 2008
Oct 10, 2014 11:33 |  #3

No help but sounds interesting. I'm always looking for vision improvements. Never heard of BlueControl. Google makes it appear to be a Europe only product. Virtually no hits for USA suppliers, which makes me curious?

Only advice I can give is to try to borrow a pair and take the Xrite color vision test.
http://www.xrite.com/o​nline-color-test-challengeexternal link

Then take the test again with normal lenses and compare the results.

Reiep
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Oct 2009
Oct 31, 2014 10:02 |  #4

OK, so I've been using my new glasses for a week now. I didn't notice any issue in color perception from my screens, but after a long day of work I am way less tired, my eyes are not hurting. So 2 thumbs up :)

Website (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Flickr (external link) | 500px (external link) | Gear

Reiep
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Oct 2009
Jan 14, 2015 06:21 |  #5

Feedback after a few months: that's great, my eyes don't hurt at all anymore!

1,126 views & 0 likes for this thread
Hoya BlueControl and editing
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.