Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Canon G-series Digital Cameras
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd of July 2003 (Tue)   #1
rangersvtsplash

Default first gallery of pic with the g3

can anyone give me advice on the bad thing i could correct or the good things i took. im a truck nut so pics are at a truck show. images went from camera to my computer then to the site. untouched and in their original form.

http://gallery14356.fotopic.net/show...n.php?id=36206

luis
Old 22nd of July 2003 (Tue)   #2
John_T
Goldmember

Default Re: first gallery of pic with the g3

Interesting pix.

You might want to take more time framing your shots. Push the shutter halfway down, then look what's in the frame, what you want centered and focused, etc.

People in the pic admiring the truck may enhance the scene, whereas walking away, looking away, doing something else are a distraction from the center of attraction.

You might want to choose vivid color to add drama and richness.

You might want to push the shutter halfway down while the center frame includes both he the darker and lighter portions of the pic to get the light setting right, then, still holding the shutter halfway, frame the pic the way you want, then push down the whole way and take the pic. This will help avoid the bleached out grass, etc.
Canon : 5DIII : 7D : 40 2.8 : 50 1.4 : 35L : 85L : 100L IS Macro : 135L : 16-35L II : 24-105L IS : 70-200L II : 100-400L IS : 1.4x & 2x TC III : 580EX : 430EX : G1XII : Markins Q10 & Q3T : Jobu Gimbal : Manfrotto Underware : etc...
John_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd of July 2003 (Tue)   #3
jglisson73

Neat trucks!

This is one of my favorites for composition.
http://gallery14356.fotopic.net/photo.php?id=832877

Flash might have enhanced this one since the background washed out the subject a little bit:
http://gallery14356.fotopic.net/photo.php?id=832890

You might try more interesting angles like putting the camera near the front or rear bumper so you get the effect of the side of the truck narrowing off in the distance. Here's an example of the effect I'm talking about (even though it's not a truck!)
http://www.johnandkim.net/carnival-t...46_edited.html

Same thing with the chrome engines...focus on the blower intake with a small aperture setting (f 5.6 or higher) and let the rest of the truck blur off in the background...you might use some zoom to increase the blur of the background.

What mode were you using?

Fun pictures...keep shooting!

John

Just some ideas on interesting compositions.
jglisson73 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 22nd of July 2003 (Tue)   #4
jglisson73

I just remembered this link. Since you are photographing automobiles, you might find this interesting.

http://www.webphotoschool.com/bhphot..._bh/index.html

Happy Shooting!

John
jglisson73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd of July 2003 (Tue)   #5
Deckyon

My very first impression was good. As I looked at it, I would recommend that you get an adapter and a polarizer filter. It will allow you to remove unwanted glare, keep the colors vivid, and get slightly less harsh lighting in midday sun. You can also cut the light by using the ND filter (enabled through the Menu) but the polarizer would really help the chrome stand out.

Just my thoughts.

Canon EOS 1D Mark II
Canon EOS 20D
Canon EF L Lenses
Omega View 45F Monorail View Camera
Deckyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd of July 2003 (Tue)   #6
rangersvtsplash

well guys thanks allot. guess me need to take more and more and more pics to get the effects im looking for. oh camera was in auto all the time and ive just received my adaptors with a uv and polirizer too. well me got to play around more to understand the camera more.

"be one with the camera and camera will be one with you"

luis