Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Performing Arts
Thread started 17 Nov 2014 (Monday) 22:44
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Music Video: Sacramento Hip Hop

AZFiLM
155 posts
Joined Apr 2014
Nov 17, 2014 22:44 |  #1

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I wanted to share with my fellow Canon shooters. I shot, directed, and edited this for some local artists. I had fun and even got my little girl some screen time lol. I shot this with my 6D, Canon 85mm 1.8, 40mm pancake, and I think I used my 28mm for the first and last time on this shoot. All pretty much hand held or on a spider brace. Any other Q's, just ask and I'd be glad to answer. As for the song itself, it is definitely more of a chill slower, and better, type of tracks. Has meaning, I did my best to match the meaning of the song with the video, even though some loose ends don't make sense. The first guy "El Rob" is one of the best unknown rappers I've ever heard, second "Freas" is one of the most sincere I've ever been around. Love both of their sounds.

enjoy,
AZ

http://youtu.be/I0uq_F​mOF-gexternal link

sponsored links
steve75
535 posts
Joined Jan 2007
Clevedon, UK
Nov 23, 2014 04:16 |  #2

Nice work on the video, really liked the track and i think you did a pretty good job putting a visual storyline to it. I will keep my ears and eyes peeled for more from them too.....

Current gear: EOS 7D w/ BG-E7
300mm f4L IS, 70-200mm f2.8L IS II, 24-70mm f2.8L, 85mm f1.8, 1.4x mkII tc, 430ex.

AZFiLM
THREAD ­ STARTER
155 posts
Joined Apr 2014
Nov 24, 2014 09:00 |  #3

steve75 wrote in post #17288278external link
Nice work on the video, really liked the track and i think you did a pretty good job putting a visual storyline to it. I will keep my ears and eyes peeled for more from them too.....

I greately appreciate your comments! Thank you.

We'll see about how far either of them can take it. The mom in the video was on The Voice, but I'm not sure how far she made it. She had to sign an agreement that she wouldn't say what happened. This was a short time ago, so I don't think she went too far. With the music industry being image first and music 359th, it's hard for artist like these guys who love and focus on making good music to turn it into a career. Especialy because everyone involved with this project has a family to support.

Anyways, if you want to check out more of the first rapper and the producer, they are a two man team called "Cash Dreed". Don't let the name fool you, they are not the typical "many cash hoes" type of rappers. They're actually REALLY good. I have worked on a few things for them years ago. Here's their bandcamp, I can't recommend this unknown group enough: http://cashdreed.bandc​amp.com/album/cash-till-rulesexternal link

steve75
535 posts
Joined Jan 2007
Clevedon, UK
Post has been edited over 3 years ago by steve75.
Dec 01, 2014 13:56 as a reply to AZFiLM's post |  #4

Thanks for the link, sounds nice. It may be a bit off topic for this board, but seeing as you've put me onto someone i'd not heard of i would like to return the favour...... Check out Jadin Shropshire, this guy is great http://jadinshropshire​.bandcamp.com/track/te​ll-the-peopleexternal link A superb Mc that deserves to be heard and produces his own beats too, my favourite unknown talent at the moment...... Thanks again for your link.

edit to add a video link:

https://www.youtube.co​m/watch?v=CBC5bBS0xvYexternal link

Current gear: EOS 7D w/ BG-E7
300mm f4L IS, 70-200mm f2.8L IS II, 24-70mm f2.8L, 85mm f1.8, 1.4x mkII tc, 430ex.

AZFiLM
THREAD ­ STARTER
155 posts
Joined Apr 2014
Dec 01, 2014 16:16 as a reply to steve75's post |  #5

right on, I'll check em out! Thanks

BJWOK
Cream of the Crop
5,409 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Sep 2007
Sydney, New South Wales
Jun 25, 2017 21:23 |  #6

Nice work!! Some great angles and production on this :)

My name is Benon (BJWOK are my initials) :)
www.bjwok.com (external link) <<-- NEW LIGHTROOM CC & LIGHTROOM CC CLASSIC PRESETS FOR MUSIC PHOTOGRAPHERS
Benon Koebsch - Photographer (external link) (Facebook)
Gives A Minute (external link) (YouTube channel)

sponsored links

1,087 views & 0 likes for this thread
Music Video: Sacramento Hip Hop
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Performing Arts

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.