Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Gear Reviews Lens Reviews
Thread started 01 Dec 2014 (Monday) 23:01
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM, reviewed by Reservoir Dog

TomCruise06
Joined Jun 2017
Jul 01, 2017 11:35 |  #16

I have just bought the 100-400 Mark II of this lens and yest to receive. I am so excited for it to arrive.

Nicky ­ D
131 posts
Joined Dec 2004
Souderton Pennsylvania U.S.A.
Sep 27, 2017 17:05 |  #17

I just picked up a used copy at the beginning of the month. I finally had a chance to use it over the weekend for a riding competition that my daughter was in. I'll be honest, I am not impressed with the shots that I took. I do believe that has more to do with the environment than the lens. I did have a few shots that just blurred out of focus completely, that surprised me. It seems a little slow on the autofocus. I'm probably a bit spoiled because for the last several competitions that my daughter was in, I rented the newer version of the lens. My daughter has a few field hockey games coming up, I'm looking forward to putting the lens through its paces.

Goggs
Joined Feb 2009
Dundee Bonnie Scotland
Nov 26, 2017 05:21 |  #18

I have just purchased the mkii version of this lens after owning the mk1 for a good few years hope it is all that its cracked up to be..........
We will see in time if its better than the mk1.

EOS 5D mkiii EOS 7Dmkii EOS 7D+BG E7 Grip.17-40 L. 24-105 L IS. 70-200 L F2.8 IS. Canon 85L f1.2 mkii Canon 100L f2.8 IS macro Canon 100 - 400L is MKii. Canon 600 EX-RT.Canon 430 EX MKII, canon 50mm F1.8 mk1 lens,10 stop B+W ND filter
http://www.gordonbaird​photography.co.uk/ (external link)

Eric ­ Hopp
Joined Apr 2017
Campbell, CA, USA
Nov 26, 2017 17:48 |  #19

I rented the EF 100-400mm push-pull lens to shoot the California Air Show in Salinas, and a tennis match in Solano CA. It is a fun lens to use, with a decent telephoto range. It has its quirks, if you are not used to the push-pull zoom design, over that of the twist the barrel for zoom in the Mark II. I am more used to the push-pull feel of the old zoom film camera lenses. The price is about half the purchase price of an EF 100-400 Mark II lens.

Liked the lens so much, Santa is gonna give me an early Christmas present. Hope he doesn't drop it, coming down the fire place. :lol:

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

10,000 views & 3 likes for this thread
Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM, reviewed by Reservoir Dog
FORUMS Gear Reviews Lens Reviews

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.