Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Underwater Photography
Thread started 02 Dec 2014 (Tuesday) 23:14
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Underwater Communication

Reservoir ­ Dog
A Band Apart
Joined Jan 2013
Out of the pack
Dec 02, 2014 23:14 |  #1

:-P

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

150 Free online photos editing application (external link) / 100 Free Desktop Photo Editor Software (external link) / Free Photography eBooks (external link) / My photography blog (external link)

Decostanza
Joined May 2014
Indiana
Jan 09, 2015 08:44 |  #2

Thanks for sharing...looks like a fairly squared away team... was that a GUE class?

Reservoir ­ Dog
THREAD ­ STARTER
A Band Apart
Joined Jan 2013
Out of the pack
Jan 09, 2015 19:07 as a reply to Decostanza's post |  #3

No, it's not a GUE course, even if the instructor (on the left) and i are also GUE, but technical course are always fairly "squared" whatever agency ;)
The 2 students on the right side are making theirs "first step" in the tec :-P

150 Free online photos editing application (external link) / 100 Free Desktop Photo Editor Software (external link) / Free Photography eBooks (external link) / My photography blog (external link)

Decostanza
Joined May 2014
Indiana
Post has been edited over 2 years ago by Decostanza.
Jan 09, 2015 22:17 |  #4

grin... I'm also GUE thus my question as there were a couple minor things I noticed I typically don't see with other agencies. Regardless, nice job. At the risk of a slight thread derail, are you Tech, Cave or both?

Reservoir ­ Dog
THREAD ­ STARTER
A Band Apart
Joined Jan 2013
Out of the pack
Post has been edited over 2 years ago by Reservoir Dog.
Jan 10, 2015 21:52 |  #5

Decostanza wrote in post #17374876external link
grin... I'm also GUE thus my question as there were a couple minor things I noticed I typically don't see with other agencies. Regardless, nice job. At the risk of a slight thread derail, are you Tech, Cave or both?

No worries, no derail at all for me :p
For the main certifications I'm (it's quite a lot :oops: . but i'm 50years old so... )
IANTD Technical Cave Diver
DSAT Tec Trimix (now PADI TecRec :-( )
TDI Inspiration Advanced Mixed Gas Diluent (it's an 100 metres course on Inspiration CCR Heliox and Trimix)
Over all i'm certified in 6 different agencies at different level.

Having said that, in my experience, it's not the agency your certified from which is the most important, but the instructors experiences and DIR principle/philosophy she/he is able to teach/deliver to the student (i should say that over all i was very lucky to have pure core DIR instructors)

I understand very well when you say "thus my question as there were a couple minor things I noticed I typically don't see with other agencies".
I should agree that some agencies (specially one ;) ) nowadays start to put the DIR principle beside just to make the Tec more "consumable", and some "tec" insctructors which have a lack if not a serious lack in knowledge and experiences in tec diving ...
But i will not start on this subject, it made me very vmad ...
;)

1,346 views & 0 likes for this thread
Underwater Communication
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Underwater Photography

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.