Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk
Thread started 05 Dec 2014 (Friday) 19:37
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

STICKY: Note to all who have lost their password

this thread is locked
Pekka
El General Moderator
17,238 posts
Gallery: 33 photos
Joined Mar 2001
Hellsinki, Finland
Post has been edited over 1 year ago by Pekka with reason 'updated info'.
Dec 05, 2014 19:37 |  #1

PASSWORD RESET PAGE:
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/password​_reset.php

TO CHANGE A KNOWN PASSWORD GO TO:
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/fyeo.php​?show=password

REMEMBER: the password input is CaSe SensiTiVe. Username is not.

Finding your old pass from browsers: see http://photography-on-the.net ...showthread.php?p=17​312642

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
AMASS 1.4 Changelog (installed here now)

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
Joined Jun 2011
The Uwharrie Mts, NC
Dec 08, 2014 19:36 |  #2

I'm back!

for what it's worth, it looks like the apostrophe in my previous user name (he's gone) is what kept me out for the past week. I have noticed underscores _ and dashes - in other people's user names so those seem okay. Is there a list of unacceptable characters? That might help those on the outside looking in to figure out if their problem is with their password or user name.

Thanks for the name change and all the work keeping this place going, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Formerly he's gone before apostrophe-gate | Not in gear database: Canon 70-210 3.5-4.5, Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 2x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

Pekka
THREAD ­ STARTER
El General Moderator
17,238 posts
Joined Mar 2001
Hellsinki, Finland
Post has been edited over 2 years ago by Pekka.
Dec 08, 2014 21:21 |  #3

Left Handed Brisket wrote in post #17321475external link
I'm back!

for what it's worth, it looks like the apostrophe in my previous user name (he's gone) is what kept me out for the past week. I have noticed underscores _ and dashes - in other people's user names so those seem okay. Is there a list of unacceptable characters? That might help those on the outside looking in to figure out if their problem is with their password or user name.

Thanks for the name change and all the work keeping this place going, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

Actually the bug was in the upgrade scripts for some names, if I now re-save your username with that ' it will work ok.

Allowed characters in usernames (from now on when names are changed and for new registrations) is:

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuv​wxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQR​STUVWXYZ0123456789ÀÁÂÃ​ÄÅÆÇÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÐÑÒÓÔÕÖØÙÚ​ÛÜÝÞßàáâãäåæçèéêëìíîïð​ñòóôõöøùúûüýþÿ!+.*&#^'​- ()

One new rule is that the name has to gave three "normal" letters in it. But the registration page (when it opens) will guide you very clearly with these matters.

ChibiM
154 posts
Joined Jan 2015
South Holland
Jan 05, 2015 05:52 |  #4

Thanks for the info.
I wasnt sure if I was already a member (have been out of photography for a little while) but I couldnt find the "Forgot your password?" anywhere.. so I just signed up.

glad to be around..

Eos M, 5DII, and some lenses.

Pekka
THREAD ­ STARTER
El General Moderator
17,238 posts
Joined Mar 2001
Hellsinki, Finland
Post has been edited over 2 years ago by Pekka.
Feb 01, 2015 15:04 |  #5

PASSWORD RESET PAGE:

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/password​_reset.php

TO CHANGE PASSWORD GO TO:

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/fyeo.php​?show=password

3,840 views & 0 likes for this thread
Note to all who have lost their password
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.