Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Gear Reviews Bag Reviews
Thread started 08 Dec 2014 (Monday) 22:32
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Crumpler 5 Million Dollar Home Bag, reviewed by centrarchidae

TOGGLE RATINGS BETWEEN ALL AND centrarchidae (showing now: centrarchidae)
Overall Rating9
Value for Money9
Must Have8.5
Got What I Expected9.5
Build Quality10
Carrying Comfort9.5
Fast Shooting8
Durability9.5
Compartment Logic9.5
Versatility9.5
Security9.5
Weather Protection9
Ownership Status: "own"

Click here for detailed specs and sample photos.
Click ratings to see total averages and rating distributions.
List all reviews of Crumpler 5 Million Dollar Home Bag

centrarchidae
Joined Jan 2011
Denver-ish, Boulder-ish, sometimes South Park-ish, Colorado
Post has been edited over 3 years ago by centrarchidae.
Dec 08, 2014 22:32 |  #1

It's a decent bag for what I do with it. Probably a good thing since it's the only actual camera-specific bag I own.

I got my REI dividend one year and didn't know what to do with it. This turned into a rare-for-me impulse buy. I don't remember what I actually paid for it: REI is a great store but has some insane mark-ups, and I can only imagine that B&H or Adorama or Amazon would have been a lot cheaper.

I normally carry a 50D with 24-105L centered, ready to pull and shoot. Off to the side on one side is a Speedlite 430. On the other side is a Thrifty Fifty. The mesh flap pouch carries a few spare CF cards, and the low "front" pouch carries spare batteries.

Limitations: It's not a huge bag. If I left the Thrifty Fifty attached and wanted the 24-105L set aside, I don't think I'd be able to carry them securely that way. And the 24-105L is about the limit of how large a lens can be kept attached and carried securely. I also don't think it would accommodate a second lens that's much larger than the Thrifty Fifty. My 3.5-5.6 70-300 would never fit in there, I don't think.

Short, short version: if you just need your walking-around camera and some odds and ends, you could do a LOT worse.

Any time you start thinking that you're a big shot, try giving commands to someone else's dog.
Direct and blunt C&C wanted, please.

kanadary
101 posts
Joined May 2012
seattle
Dec 18, 2014 09:52 |  #2

I bought two of these early this year when b&h had them for some insane mark down. I am thinking around 20 or so and came with a camera strap. Anyways one carries a whole eos m set up, body with 11-22, ex90 flash, 22mm, 18-55 and 55-200. The other carries a sl1 with 10-18 attached, 70-300 is, and 18-55.

3,788 views & 1 like for this thread
Crumpler 5 Million Dollar Home Bag, reviewed by centrarchidae
FORUMS Gear Reviews Bag Reviews

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.