Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Gear Reviews Bag Reviews
Thread started 19 Dec 2014 (Friday) 06:27
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Think Tank Photo Photo Urban Disguise 70 V2.0, reviewed by dfdpiper

TOGGLE RATINGS BETWEEN ALL AND dfdpiper (showing now: dfdpiper)
Overall Rating10
Value for Money10
Must Have9
Got What I Expected10
Build Quality10
Carrying Comfort8
Fast Shooting8.5
Durability10
Compartment Logic9.5
Versatility9.5
Security6.5
Weather Protection8.5
Ownership Status: "own"

Click here for detailed specs and sample photos.
Click ratings to see total averages and rating distributions.
List all reviews of Think Tank Photo Photo Urban Disguise 70 V2.0

dfdpiper
Joined Aug 2010
Geographically I'm in Southern NH, but spiritually & creatively I'm still wandering.
Dec 19, 2014 06:27 |  #1

This bag is awesome (as are the other 5 ThinkTank products I own). Not only is it a bag large enough to hold all of my gear, it is customizable for many uses and it is rugged yet gentle on my gear.

Short story: I regularly travel with my camera gear and use this bag as my carry-on when flying. A trip last week was no exception.

Along with my gripped 7D with 24-105L mounted, I also had my 70-200 f/4L, batteries, cables, etc plus my toiletry bag (you always have to have that in carry-on). It was pretty snug in there. Fit under the seat on the airplane perfectly.

Anyway, after the flight I had to hit the restroom in the airport. I put my bag up on that shelf above the facilities that all guys use and proceeded to do what I had to do. The fellow next to me also tossed his big duffle bag up next to mine and when he reached to retrieve it, accidentally knocked mine to the ground, a good 6 feet onto the hard, tile floor with a sickening thud. My first thought was disaster, so my next stop was to find a spot to open it up & check the contents. Lo and behold, everything was intact! Not a scratch, dent, ding or any other evidence of disruption.

A quick check of all the functions showed that my gear had not suffered one bit! I've been a user of ThinkTank products for many years now and always thought they were great products, but this event has made me a lifelong fan!

Bob
If it isn't fun, why bother?
flickr (external link) http://www.bobpragoff.​com (external link)

3,404 views & 2 likes for this thread
Think Tank Photo Photo Urban Disguise 70 V2.0, reviewed by dfdpiper
FORUMS Gear Reviews Bag Reviews

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.