Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Gear Reviews Flash Reviews
Thread started 01 Jan 2015 (Thursday) 12:01
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Sunpak 622 Super Pro TTL Handle Mount Flash, reviewed by CanonCameraFan

TOGGLE RATINGS BETWEEN ALL AND CanonCameraFan (showing now: CanonCameraFan)
Overall Rating9
Value for Money9
Must Have8
Got What I Expected10
Metering Accuracy9.5
User-interface7.5
Ownership Status: "own"

Click here for detailed specs and sample photos.
Click ratings to see total averages and rating distributions.
List all reviews of Sunpak 622 Super Pro TTL Handle Mount Flash

CanonCameraFan
Goldmember
1,569 posts
Joined Sep 2011
Annapolis Maryland
Jan 01, 2015 12:01 |  #1

Original Pro, not Super Pro. Difference is Guide number of 160 vs 200. About the most powerful unit on the market; back in 1989, when I got this as a college graduation present. I enjoyed the versatility of various Flash Head designs and found the Zoom Head and Diffused Head served me well just as they were intended. I still have and use this as a backup on an Umbrella Stand. I do have the first generation EOS Module, so can use it with my latest gear if I ever felt the need. Nice to maintain viable older options even as more modern equipment is acquired.

EOS 7D w/BG-E7, EOS 7D, 550EX, 430EX II, Sunpak 622 Pro, Vivitar 285HV, Opteka 6.5mm/3.5, Canon EF-S 24/2.8 STM, Canon EF 50/1.8 STM, Canon EF 100mm/2.0 USM, Canon EF 70-300mm/4-5.6 L IS USM, Quantums 1 & 1+, Tamrac 614 Bag & 787 Backpack, Crumpler 7 MDH, 6 MDH
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/johnebersole/se​ts/ (external link)

2,535 views & 0 likes for this thread
Sunpak 622 Super Pro TTL Handle Mount Flash, reviewed by CanonCameraFan
FORUMS Gear Reviews Flash Reviews

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.