Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions
Thread started 02 Jan 2015 (Friday) 10:13
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

DSLR Challenge 361 - Game

Voaky999
Goldmember
Joined Nov 2010
Edmonton,AB
Jan 02, 2015 10:13 |  #1

This weeks challenge is game as defined by:

a form of play or sport, especially a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck.

Good Luck!

This challenge begins when posted, and will end at 8:00 P.M. Pacific time Thursday January 8, 2015

Winner of this challenge will be announced shortly thereafter.

Standard Rules apply:
1. Camera - Any DSLR Camera
2. Time - any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size - Please visit Image Posting Rules.
4. Post-Processing - do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting - * ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge.* Photo Title in the first line of the post.* Camera model & lens used.* Notes -- post brief EXIF data including ISO, shutter speed and aperture used. 6. Commenting - No commenting during challenge. When the posting is closed and a winner has been declared, comments can be made in this thread.
7. Keep it clean and both Family and Work safe.
8. Have questions, PM me.
9. Have FUN! One challenge every week, on the following schedule: * New Topic - After winner is declared. * Posting Starts - Right after topic is announced. * Posting Ends - 8:00 P.M. Pacific time Thursday January 8, 2015 * Winner from this competition decides the theme of the next one (and judges it for a winner) after this competition is closed.

Don
"Knowledge is Good" Emil Faber

sponsored links
groundloop
976 posts
Joined Jun 2012
Jan 08, 2015 17:59 |  #2

Outa' My Way

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Canon 650D, Canon 70-200f4L, ISO 200, 1/640, f6.3

Voaky999
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Nov 2010
Edmonton,AB
Jan 08, 2015 18:20 |  #3

EEHA, we have an entry!!!

Don

lovemyram4x4
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2013
Temecula
Jan 08, 2015 18:36 |  #4

Sometimes it better to get lucky

IMAGE: https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7331/12426245494_421a6fb555_b.jpg
[IMAGE'S LINK: https://www.flickr.com ...in/set-72157640792111004/] (external link)
Doug Kalitta vs Khalid alBalooshi (external link) by lovemyram4x4 (external link) on Flickr

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV
EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM
ƒ/4.0 100.0 mm 1/100 100

M_Six
Cream of the Crop
6,604 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010
East Central IL
Jan 08, 2015 19:50 |  #5

Pass Completion

Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Sigma 120-300 Sport + 2x converter (600mm)
ƒ/5.6
1/1250
ISO 500

IMAGE: https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3934/15461903930_8a8ac58ac3_c.jpg
[IMAGE'S LINK: https://flic.kr/p/pyji​mw] (external link)Eastern Illinois University Homecoming 2014 Football (external link) by Mark J Photography (external link), on Flickr

Mark J.
Gear

Voaky999
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Nov 2010
Edmonton,AB
Jan 09, 2015 07:17 |  #6

This weeks winner is lovemyram4x4. Love the flames coming out of the engine.

Don

M_Six
Cream of the Crop
6,604 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010
East Central IL
Jan 09, 2015 07:23 |  #7

Nice shot indeed. Well done.

Mark J.
Gear

lovemyram4x4
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2013
Temecula
Jan 09, 2015 12:15 |  #8

New challenge is up.

Thanks guys.

Yeah the header flames always look sweet, especially after it gets dark(unfortunately last years Winter Nationals everything went on schedule and the finals happened before sunset). I really bummed that I didn't go and shot qualifying on Fri night as I would have gotten a shot of a Top Fuel Funny car blowing up in the dark(that was planned goal and the car was in the lane I would have been tracking).

Anyway the luck part in the OP is what made me choose a drag racing shot as it often doesn't matter how good the other driver/car/team is as luck can give the win to either car. This run had luck switch back and forth between them (see video clip bellow) I captured the shot while Khalid was back pedaling and one would think he was sure to lose at that point.

BTW if you've never seen this is person it's something you should do even if you're not into drag racing, the experience of one of these 10k HP monsters making a run can't be explained with words(don't forget to put your ear plugs in).

sponsored links

1,699 views & 0 likes for this thread
DSLR Challenge 361 - Game
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.