Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Gear Reviews Bag Reviews
Thread started 21 Jan 2015 (Wednesday) 01:14
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Vanguard Kinray 53, reviewed by JM Photos

TOGGLE RATINGS BETWEEN ALL AND JM Photos (showing now: JM Photos)
Overall Rating9
Value for Money10
Must Have8
Got What I Expected10
Build Quality9
Carrying Comfort9.5
Fast Shooting6
Durability9
Compartment Logic9
Versatility8.5
Security9.5
Weather Protection8
Ownership Status: "own"

Click here for detailed specs and sample photos.
Click ratings to see total averages and rating distributions.
List all reviews of Vanguard Kinray 53

JM ­ Photos
"Childhood ruined"
Joined Sep 2010
Washington: North Seattle
Jan 21, 2015 01:14 |  #1

This bag is a great storage bag for all of my gear. The backpack fits all of my current gear (see my sig) with ease. It is a larger backpack so I normally don't take it on extended hikes as it gets heavy over time. This is a perfect bag to pack everything up in for transportation or short walks. I wouldn't trust it in a heavy rain storm though. It is also not ideal if you need to get to your gear in a hurry as the compartment opens from the front across the bag. You have to have the bag set flat on the ground before opening or else everything would come flying out. I had a huge :eek: moment once when my fiancé supposedly zipped it shut. When I grabbed the pack and slung it over my shoulder, I heard a "CLUNK" and turned around to my 100-400 rolling across the dock we were on, towards the water. Luckily the tripod mount didn't allow it to roll more than once or twice or else it would've been at the sea floor with the fish :cry:

Canon 6D, & Sony α6000
Own: 24-105mm f/4L | Tamron 150-600mm f/5-6.3 | Rokinon 14mm f/1.8
Want: 24-70mm f/2.8 L II | 70-200mm f/2.8 L II

3,014 views & 0 likes for this thread
Vanguard Kinray 53, reviewed by JM Photos
FORUMS Gear Reviews Bag Reviews

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.