Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Other Rumors and Predictions
Thread started 19 Feb 2015 (Thursday) 10:22
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Lightroom 6 Features "Leaked"

Dragoro
268 posts
Joined Feb 2012
Troy Mi
Feb 22, 2015 09:12 as a reply to post 17443756 |  #16

I can't remember where, but I read somewhere that it was already in beta.

Nikon D810:
Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8G AF-S ED LENS
Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 Di VC USD
Benjamin Timmins Photographyexternal link

sponsored links
vertigo235
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2012
Charlotte, NC USA
Feb 22, 2015 09:58 |  #17

I guess I meant Public Beta, if it's in Beta now, then it's a secret, NDA signed kind of beta otherwise we would have heard more about it.

Canon EOS 6D, EOS 5D Mark III | Apple Iphone 6 | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM, EF 85mm f/1.8 USM, EF 17-40mm f/4L USM | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM, 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, 50mm F1.4 DG HSM ART | Samyang 85mm f/1.4 AS UMC | Canon Speedlite 430EX II, Speedlite 90EX | Yongnuo YN-468II

mike_d
Goldmember
4,997 posts
Joined Aug 2009
Feb 23, 2015 23:50 |  #18

kirkt wrote in post #17439402external link
All of the unknowns aside regarding the "new" features, it looks like all of this is tweaking what is already in LR5+PS except for what appears to be the hint that LR6 will leverage the GPU (and the Face recognition thing - I never really got the appeal of that in iPhoto, but hey, whatever floats your boat!).

If things like HDR merging and Panorama assembly are picked out of PS and plugged into LR in a standalone manner, that is an interesting move on Adobe's part. Strange. I guess enough people who use LR are really that averse to using Photoshop.

kirk

I'm much more comfortable in LR than PS. Anything that expands the capability of LR makes me happy. Using the GPU would be awesome, especially if its used for rendering previews and exports. I've got a pretty nice video card but it doesn't get much use.

Preeb
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2011
Logan County, CO
Feb 28, 2015 11:47 |  #19

kirkt wrote in post #17439402external link
All of the unknowns aside regarding the "new" features, it looks like all of this is tweaking what is already in LR5+PS except for what appears to be the hint that LR6 will leverage the GPU (and the Face recognition thing - I never really got the appeal of that in iPhoto, but hey, whatever floats your boat!).

If things like HDR merging and Panorama assembly are picked out of PS and plugged into LR in a standalone manner, that is an interesting move on Adobe's part. Strange. I guess enough people who use LR are really that averse to using Photoshop.

kirk

Nothing to do with "aversion". Since PS is only available in the cloud, I have no interest in it. Any useful functionality that they add to LR is a clear plus for those of us who don't want to be tied down to a subscription. I simply prefer the one time fee up front which comes with a use permit ad infinitum.

Rick
60D - EF-S 10-22 f3.5-f4.5 -- EF-S 17-55 f2.8 IS -- EF-S 60mm f2.8 Macro -- EF 100mm f2.8 L IS Macro -- EF 70-200 f4 L IS w/1.4 II TC

alessandro2009
Goldmember
2,095 posts
Joined Jun 2009
Italy
Mar 01, 2015 09:21 |  #20

Among other things, there is another aspect underestimated about the subscription with a continuos update program, I speak about a full compatibility with previous systems (so obsolete computer with older OS).
Who can guarantee that it will work?

calypsob
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2012
Roanoke Virginia
May 09, 2015 15:14 as a reply to Preeb's post |  #21

Agreed, I can't stand the cloud. Still haven't left 5 for that reason.

Wes
-----------
flickr (external link)
Gear: Many gears Yes.

phantelope
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2008
NorCal
May 09, 2015 15:42 |  #22

If Adobe allowed me to keep what I have when I quit paying I'd be fine with the cloud, but I'm not signing up for the rest of my life to be able to work on old edits. I hardly ever use PS anymore anyway and as long as LR can be bought straight out I'm fine. And other companies are coming up with nice alternatives now too.

40D, 5D3, a bunch of lenses and other things :cool:

mike_d
Goldmember
4,997 posts
Joined Aug 2009
May 09, 2015 15:45 |  #23

phantelope wrote in post #17549786external link
If Adobe allowed me to keep what I have when I quit paying I'd be fine with the cloud, but I'm not signing up for the rest of my life to be able to work on old edits. I hardly ever use PS anymore anyway and as long as LR can be bought straight out I'm fine. And other companies are coming up with nice alternatives now too.

I think you can export from an expired LR, but that's it.

I agree with you. I hate the idea of committing myself to another monthly bill forever. I'm a version skipper since there's usually not too much new from one version to the next. I just upgraded from LR4 to LR6 and from Photoshop/Premiere Elements 10 to 13. I spend money to upgrade on my terms, not Adobe's.

calypsob
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2012
Roanoke Virginia
Jun 30, 2015 21:46 |  #24

Realistically they are making more on this new lightroom than the old one, unless it is updated to a new completely revolutionary version every 10 months, you are paying a lot more for lightroom than the old versions. Photoshop however being part of the package remains a pretty good deal.

Wes
-----------
flickr (external link)
Gear: Many gears Yes.

sponsored links

10,137 views & 1 like for this thread
Lightroom 6 Features "Leaked"
FORUMS News & Rumors Other Rumors and Predictions

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.