Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting
Thread started 08 Mar 2015 (Sunday) 23:55
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Yongnuo YNE3-RX What took so long?

agv8or
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2006
Midwest
Mar 17, 2015 23:28 |  #16

iituner wrote in post #17479065external link
Today I received my YNE3-RX.

I did a quick test.

On a PC-sync connector supported: 1st-curtain sync, second curtain sync in M mode and SuperSync.

YNE3-RX is compatible with SHANNY SN-E3-RT
In the list of compatible flashes can add all SHANNY flashes for Canon (SN600C, SN600SC, SN600C-RF, SN600C-RT)

I will do more tests.

Which strobe(s) were you using when you were testing the combo of the sync port and SuperSync? I have not had the time for any more testing of the YNE3-RX's so I have yet to get around to testing the sync port.

Rand

Gear

sponsored links
iituner
326 posts
Joined May 2012
RUSSIA
Mar 18, 2015 03:03 as a reply to agv8or's post |  #17

SuperSync is supported with Speedlite at full power and with Studio flash units having a long flash duration.
Everything is exactly the same as with the YN622C

WWW.YN622.RU (external link) CANON EOS 70D | EF 50mm F/1.4 USM | EF 24-105mm F/4L IS USM | EF-S 10-18mm F/4.5-5.6 IS STM | JINBEI DPIII600 | EINSTEIN E-640+CC/CST/CSXCV/CSR | YONGNUO: YN600EX-RT, YN-E3-RT, YNE3-RX, YN622C-TX, YN622C, RF-605C | SHANNY: SN-E3-RT, SN600C-RT, SN-E3-RF, SN600EX-RF, SN600C-RF, SN600SC, SN600SN, SN910EX-RF | PIXEL X800C (bulb dead)

Trailboy
539 posts
Joined Jan 2009
Mar 18, 2015 05:59 as a reply to iituner's post |  #18

Ahh, Supersync over Canon RT changes things for me dramatically.

b7a4
Mostly Lurking
13 posts
Joined Nov 2013
AZ
Mar 18, 2015 06:17 |  #19

Thanks avg8or

Eyenvent
31 posts
Joined Apr 2011
Philadelphia
Apr 07, 2015 23:30 |  #20

agv8or wrote in post #17479828external link
The Godox AD 360 is a manual only flash. You need a flash with Canon ETTL capability, set to ETTL, in order for a YN-E3-RT, ST-E3-RT or 600EX-RT Master to communicate with and set the flash ouput of that flash through the YNE3-RX.

You can set the flash output of your AD 360 with your Godox transmitter/receiver combo and then use the Canon transmitter and YNE3-RX to trigger it. This way you can blend your Godox and Canon 600EX Speedlites together.

I'm looking at getting one for my Flashpoint Streaklight 360 but the manual says any high wattage flash might not work with the YN-E3-RX. It would be awesome to be able to blend my 360 inside a reception room with the 600ex-rt's and turn it off when needed by its own trigger/USB-receiver.

Thanks for all the great info guys. Guess I'll have to take one for the team and test it myself. :)

agv8or
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2006
Midwest
Apr 08, 2015 08:25 |  #21

Eyenvent wrote in post #17508777external link
I'm looking at getting one for my Flashpoint Streaklight 360 but the manual says any high wattage flash might not work with the YN-E3-RX. It would be awesome to be able to blend my 360 inside a reception room with the 600ex-rt's and turn it off when needed by its own trigger/USB-receiver.

Thanks for all the great info guys. Guess I'll have to take one for the team and test it myself. :)

Are you talking about triggering voltage? The actual flash output "watts" is irrelevant in so far as the operation of the receiver is concerned. It does not know if it is triggering a 300 watt flash or a 1200 watt flash. It should trigger the Flashpoint Streaklight 360 from either the hotshoe or a sync cable. You will need to use the Flashpoint transceiver set (FT16 tx/rx combo) to adjust the flash output. If you are using the Wireless <Gr> mode and the Streaklight is mounted in the YNE3-RX hotshoe then you should be able to turn the Group "ON/OFF", from the Canon Master, for that Group the receiver is set too without needing to use the Flashpoint transceiver set. That way you can leave the flash power set in the flash. I do not know if when using the sync cord that the receiver will be disabled from firing if the Group that it is set to is turned "OFF" in the Master...too lazy.

Rand

Gear

Eyenvent
31 posts
Joined Apr 2011
Philadelphia
Sep 19, 2017 13:59 |  #22

AD200 FTW! Selling my 600x and done with heavy gear like that! Thanks Godox!

sponsored links

7,325 views & 6 likes for this thread
Yongnuo YNE3-RX What took so long?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.