Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge
Thread started 23 Mar 2015 (Monday) 07:48
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Need old 35mm film developed and scanned...

Intheswamp
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2013
South Alabama
Mar 23, 2015 07:48 |  #1

I've got several rolls of 35mm film that were shot 20+/- years ago...Kodak print film. The rolls have been in a dry environment during this time, but I'm sure there's some image degradation. These are shots from Alaska, New Zealand, and Australia. Could someone suggest a decent company to develop and scan to digital for me? Any pointers on getting this done? Any thoughts on the quality of the images? There is probably close to thirty rolls so I might have to do it in $tages.

Thanks for your feedback!!! :-)
Ed

www.beeweather.comexternal link

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004
Bethesda, MD USA
Mar 23, 2015 10:53 |  #2

Temperature is probably at least as important as the humidity; both can affect the dyes (I'm assuming colour film), and high temp. over time may cause "fogging". Wherever you go to have them processed, definitely only send a test roll or so for processing; if the dyes are really bad, consider having them just process a further test roll as straight B&W, developing the silver and not bleaching it out; then see which you find least objectionable.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

Intheswamp
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2013
South Alabama
Mar 23, 2015 21:42 |  #3

Thanks Jon. I'll definitely send in a couple of rolls first and see how it goes....thanks for the suggestion.

Black and white???.... that is an interesting idea and might be a good fix if the first test images don't work out so well. I'm not familiar with the process, though, I never had any hands-on experience with color processing, just b/w. The processor that I'm considering is "The Darkroom"...hopefully they will understand it.

Thanks again for the info!
Ed

www.beeweather.comexternal link

506 views & 0 likes for this thread
Need old 35mm film developed and scanned...
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.